Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 crashing constantly when opening file

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks

My photoshop 2021 with all the latest updates installed crashes every time when I try to open a file. It doesn't matter what format, it happens with JPG, BMP, PNG.... etc. 

The crash happens when I open photoshop and proceed to "Open" a file. When I double click the file in Explorer while photoshop is not startet, it opens with photoshop and the program does not crash. But as soon as I try to open another file, it crashes again. 

I recognized that when GPU hardware acceleration is disabled, the crashes do occur less frequently. But I don't want to use photoshop without GPU acceleration...

OS is Windows 10 21H1.

Thanks for all help and tipps in avdance. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Are you using Photoshop version 22.4.2 release?

If unticking Use Graphics Processor is stopping crashes it may be best to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- 16GB Memory

- over 100GB free space left on this disk

- Photoshop Version 22.4.2

Disabling GPU is not a solution in my opinion... it's just a workaround. What's the point of having graphics power if I am not able to use it because Adobe programs do not work correctly? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, wich GPU(s) are you using?

Did you try to update its drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am running Tesla P4 (P4-2b) with the latest GRID 12.2 drivers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be quite an uncommon GPU and driver set. maybe should you create a thread on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to use the GPU and grid drivers in the title you used here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sending the crash reports to Adobe? it might be wise to attach some in the feedback thread.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do send them to Adobe. I also have posted in the Feedback Forums now. 

I can attach the crash report here if you want to see it.

This GPU and driver set is common for virtual enviroments. Tesla is a shared graphics adapter in a server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please don't post crash reports directly on the forum; if you do want to, please provide a link. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines