• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 freezing and not responding

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on macOS Catalina 10.15 with Photoshop 22.4.1 and since Friday last week it freezes immeadiately on opening.

The app has been opening but nothing loads and then freezes with "Application Not Responding" so I can't change my preferences or clear my cache from the drop down menus.

I have down multiple types of shut downs, uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop per advice here and am on the most up to date version of Photoshop.

The only thing I can think of is updating the macOS but my IT dept. doesn't want us updating until they tell us to do so. 

Is there a fix for this or do I need to wait out a bug update from Adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences.  Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder*, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

*To manually delete Photoshop preferences:
Quit Photoshop.
Navigate to Photoshop's Preferences folder:
macOS: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

Note:
The user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS. To access files in the hidden user Library folder, see How to access hidden user library files.
Drag the entire Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings folder to the desktop or somewhere safe for a back-up of your settings.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines