• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 Performance Lagging w/Brushes, Select & Mask, 1:1 Moving, Etc.

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer:

iMac 27-inch, Late 2012

3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

32 GB 1600 MH DDR3

3 TB Fusion Internal Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1 GB

PSB files live on a 7200 RPM external drive connected USB 3.0.

I'm often working on layered PSB files  that range from 3.0 GB to sometimes 15.0 GB in size with lots of smart objects.

PS Scratch Disk is set to external SSD connected USB 3.0.

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 4.48.35 PM.png

Brush,  Select & Mask, and moving around the image when zoomed in 1:1 are all absolute torcher. It's extremely laggy...regardless of the size of files. It seems slightly better briefly after a reboot and clearing memory...but it doesn't last long. Trying to determine what the bottleneck is...or if I have some performance settings that need adjusted. I'm overdue for a new computer I realize but I'm concerned if I don't know for certain what my bottleneck is, a new computer may be plagued with the same issues.

I've reviewed this article on PS Performance preferences in an effort to optimize my system...have experimented from there a bit. Still seem to be missing something.

Welcome any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop's poor performance. Have you tried updating Photoshop to version 22.4.2 through the Creative Cloud app and see if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines