• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 won't open on MacBook Pro running macOS Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having worked fine for ever, suddenly latest Photoshop on MBP running updated (yesterday) Big Sur won't open beyond the workspace. The dreaded spinning beachball persists!. The only option given is force quit.

It started when  I tried to open dng as smart object from LR. 

I closed PS and everything else and Rebooted - still not opening.

Signed out/back in to adobe - still not opening.

Installed latest big sur update

Uninstalled photoshop

Reinstalled - still not opening.

Any suggestions please?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop while trying to launch the app. Please check if Photoshop has the necessary permissions using the steps suggested below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but after talking to helpdesk it seems my THREE YEAR OLD macbook pro's graphics card isn't supported by the latest PS version! I deleted it and installed previous version and it's fine now. However, it will make me look at PS alternatives that do support my laptop card. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're sorry about the trouble. With the latest version of Photoshop, the minimum system requirements have changed. You can check the details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@j1989p wrote:

Thank you, but after talking to helpdesk it seems my THREE YEAR OLD macbook pro's graphics card isn't supported by the latest PS version! 

Disable GPU in preferences, it should still run without crashing. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I'll try that! Will it slow or render some functions unusable? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some functions may be slower. That's far better than the alternative.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again. Now why didn't the guy on Adobe help desk tell me that, rather than 'delete and install previous version' ? Anyway, grateful for your input 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update... I updated to latest version and of course, couldn't open it to disable GPU. Reinstalled 22.3 version, disabled GPU and clicked OK. Quit app, then updated again via cc app. Still wouldn't open. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/performance-preferences.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a solution that worked for mines

CMD+Option+Shift keys. Photoshop open a dialog asking if you want to delete your Preferences reply YES.

This was the only thing that worked for me. I was one hour into learning affinity which I still might do for a back up. 

Let me know if this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines