• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 won't open - Windows 10

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to open Photoshop and got a 110 error message. Was asked if I was connected to the internet and if yes, I could try again. So I clicked on the 'Try Again' button, but got another error message and the program was closed. After that I couldn't open it again.

Already tried to restart the computer, 'Run as Administrator', force start throught the Task Manager... but it just doesn't work. The program won't open!

I had problems with it yesterday as well, when the program would start, but I couldn't open any files. I would get:

'Could not complete your request because of a program error' (btw NOT a helpful error message)

I unstall it and install again and it took hours. Still wasn't able to solve it, but after a lot research was able to change something in the graphics setting and it did work yesterday evening. But this morning I got the 110 error message and can't even start the program.

Are those things even related?

Anyone knows how to fix it?

HELP I really need to work today 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Did you ever figure out how to get the program to open? Im in the same boat - it shows that the program is initializing but never opens or goes any further from there. When i first downloaded it, it opened but it kept freezing on me but now its impossible to open. So frustrating!  

Any help will be much appreciated, thank you 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the latest update solved the problem, actually the very day I was about to give up and un and reinstall. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an interesting issue with Photoshop (v22.1) that started this week after some Windows 10 updates.

If I launch the app when the computer has just started (rebooted, turned on first thing in the AM) there are no issues. If, however, and this is often, I relaunch it later in the day, it simply doesn't respond. By not respond I mean it doesn't even seem to cause anything to happen for the PC (I have the task manager open to see if anything happens).

Each time this happens, I need to reboot.

I know... leave it running in the background right? Well, I'd love to do that, but then another tool I use heavily (Framemaker 2019) bogs down.

Again, all of this latest problem is new this week. I also use photoshop on my personal home account, but on a Mac and I haven't seen any of the issues I see with the latest PS version on a PC.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your time in reading my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same thing is happening to me now :/.  Started occurring last week after updates.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue continues, however I have noticed that I can avoid reboot with opening task manager and ending the "residual" Photoshop app running in the background.

Oddly, I have also found it depends what I have opened when photoshop does this.

If I have opened the application, then opened a file from within it (CTRL+O, for example), then it will typically close when "asked" and not be left running in the background; if I double-click a PSD to open things, then it hangs. Also, using a context menu to choose "Open With" for a PNG or JPG will leave it running when I am done and think I have closed it.

At this point I've simply learned to open the task manager to check for and close (if necessary) the residual Photoshop application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's happening again.  Im on v. 22.4.3 

Kept hanging while loading brushes. I'd go into Task Manager and kill it. Re start, not power off and on my PC and was just about to try a fresh install but I really hate doing those. As I was reading this I noticed that after just letting it run for about 5 min that PS opened up on the other screen with a windows panel asking to allow Java to run. I'm not sure what decided that Java was no longer needed and removed it but once I gave it permissin it was back to normal. 

Im not sure if this helps someone in some strange way but I figured it couldnt hurt to make not of it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines