• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop 21.1.0 / select tool / zoom issue

Participant ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the previous version when you was making a selection using the polygon lasso select tool you was able to zoom using the strg+space / strg+alt+space key and the position where you klick / dragged was kept more or less in the center of the viewport. now when you try to change the zoom, the viewport jumps to some kind of random position and you have to drag and find the position you where selecting. this is an annoying bug. please fix it 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is "strg+" ?  I use windows and with PS 21.1.0 when I use the polygon lasso tool  I have no problem Zooming the image with Ctrl++ and Ctrl+-  However, the Image Window does not resize even when I have the Photoshop Preference  Zoom resize window checked.  I can Also zoom with the mouse wheel and I can use the space bar to switch temporarily to the hand tool and pan the image in the imaged window.

There has been a issue raised that the Shortcuts Ctrl+Alt++ and Ctrl+Alt+-  no loger zoom the image window in 21.10 the image does zoom in the window.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when using the lasso tool you can zoom by pressing strg+space+left mouse click to zoom in, and strg+alt+space and left mouse click to zoom out. as i have my one hand hovering over those keys all the time this was a very convenient way of zooming into details... this now is completely broken, as it jumps to some kind of random position in the image. so they 100% changed something that affected this behaviour, as it was working in the previous version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see strg+ is Ctrl+ on my keyboard.   Yes it look like the Zoom work bot Image and window Zoom but the Image position now changes. Its position changes relative to the polygons lasso cursor where in the previously versions the lasso cursor position stay put on the image.     The Space Bar audition zoom the window as well as the image.  Adobe also broke the Ctrl+Alt++ and Ctrl+Alt+-  Shortcuts in the 21.10 update the Alt+  in the shortcuts would Zoom the window as well as the image the image windows does not soom in 21.1.0. This has been reported. Please report the Lasso shortcut issue to Adobe on their feedback site. Adobe Feedback 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having issues with the polygonal lasso tool. I use my iPad pro as a drawing tablet with extended monitoring to the iPad so I can have a full featured photoshop. The polygonal lasso tool completely doesn't work with the apple pencil. It's been working perfectly fine for the last 2 years I've had this setup. With the new update, it hasn't worked. If I fire up PS CC 2019, it works perfectly fine... which is what I'll have to use until they come up with a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes 21.1.0 has many issues. Many of us have reinstall 21.0.3.  Adobe needs to fix the serious bugs in 21.1.0 if has to many bugs It not worth using.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I am a career graphic designer and I am sad about Adobe's unwillingness to fix this issue.  The random zooming when I am trying to select objects costs me time and forces me to start over on selections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines