• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.2 Text misses double letters

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else hitting this new Adobe annoyance? When typing in text in Photoshop 21.2, typing a repeated letter gives you just the one. If you want to type "Possess", you have to pause before typing the second "s" in each case. Same for spaces or backspace.

Admittedly it's a minor irritation, but another nail in Creative Cloud's coffin. Why am I paying a lot of money each month for applications that continue to become less usable?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

I can't replicate that here with Photoshop 21.2 On Windows 10 ver 1909

Have you tried resetting the text tool or resetting Preferences?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate that here with Photoshop 21.2 On Windows 10 ver 1909

Have you tried resetting the text tool or resetting Preferences?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that was fixed at a stroke! Yes, I reset the tool and all working properly again. Thanks very much, Dave - most appreciated! 
Note to self: maybe be a little less eager to blame Adobe? Nah, they keep breaking things!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting the same issue in two installs of PS, resetting the tool has fixed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually scrub that, the fix only seems to have reduced the frequency of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same here. It fixed it for an hour or so and then the problem returned. Part of the regular Photoshop housekeeping of repairing the workspace, resetting various tools, deleting the preferences, trying to remember how to get back the legacy shapes that you use every day, but disappeared with your preferences, and then searching through the trees, birds, aardvarks and other-dimensional entities that Adobe put in the way of the graphic tick.

And don't get me started on the line tool.

And yes, I know this forum isn't run by Adobe, and yes, I've posted on the Photoshop family forum and returned bug reports and feature requests. You'd get more response from a nasal inhaler.

Jem Shaw
Head of Technology and Communications
[Personal info removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"You'd get more response from a nasal inhaler."
Very good... that did make me laugh. Unfortunately I have to agree.

I have the same double letter typing issue. Resetting the font worked for a few seconds. Then back to bugging on double letters. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines