• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.2 graphic processor crashes everytime I click on a tool.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I updated my Adobe cloud and all the softwares.

ONLY with Photoshop happens that the RAM gets 100% used and Photoshop crashes. I can use Illustrator normally.

Please help.

Windows 10

Intel Graphics HD

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Open the Creative Cloud app, find Photoshop and click the three little dots. From there you can find older version and install them. You don't need to uninstall the current version, it's possible to have multiple versions installed at the same time.

See my attached image, it's in swedish but I'm pretty sure the placements are the same 🙂 

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 2021 has new requitements for CPU, Operating System and GPU and the are known Issues in PS 2021

Windows

Minimum Recommended
Processor Intel® or AMD processor with 64-bit support; 2 GHz or faster processor with SSE 4.2 or later
Operating system Windows 10 (64-bit) version 1809 or later; LTSC versions are not supported
RAM 8 GB 16 GB or more
Graphics card
  • GPU with DirectX 12 support
  • 2 GB of GPU memory
  • GPU with DirectX 12 support
  • 4 GB of GPU memory for 4k displays and greater
See the Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ
Monitor resolution 1280 x 800 display at 100% UI scaling 1920 x 1080 display or greater at 100% UI scaling
Hard disk space

4 GB of available hard-disk space; additional space is required for installation

4 GB of available hard-disk space; additional space is required for installation
  • Fast internal SSD for app installation
  • Separate internal drive for scratch disks.
Internet Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services †

My Nvidia Quadro K2200 fall short of the Banchmark requirement of 2000 iy 1500. How does your Intel GPU stack up poorly I'll bet.

What are the minimum graphics processor requirements?

• On Windows, a GPU with DirectX 12 support and 2 GB of GPU memory
  • On macOS, a GPU with Metal Support and 2 GB of GPU memory

If your using an older graphics card or driver, GPU functionality in Photoshop may be limited or not supported.

Generally, consider using GPUs with an Average Ops/Sec of 2000 or higher on PassMark's GPU Computer Benchmark Chart.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I know about my graphic processor and if it is compatible with the Directx12?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had a similar experience. After updating to 22.2, Photoshop used up 97% of my 32GB RAM, crashed, took Slack and Teams with it and my screen went black forcing me to reboot.

After going back to version 2.1 everything is back to normal.

Windows 10
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I downgrade the version? Only with Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Creative Cloud app, find Photoshop and click the three little dots. From there you can find older version and install them. You don't need to uninstall the current version, it's possible to have multiple versions installed at the same time.

See my attached image, it's in swedish but I'm pretty sure the placements are the same 🙂 

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To whchi version did you downgrade it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When (not if) something is wrong with the latest uppdate of Photoshop, I always go one version back or to the version that worked without any glitches and bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MagnusF96, I went to the 3 dots & the oldest version I can go back to is  212.7  I"m currently on version 22.3.0 & I cannot use my Liquify tool @ all.  it crashes.   Did I understand you correctly, that we can open up an old version & keep the newer version still on the computer,  basically having both versions on my computer.  ??  I'm so sick of Adobe making these upgrades that now effect the program & cannot use it all unless I go out & buy a new card for about 300 dollars.  Doesn't seem right.  

thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes you should be able to install an older version of Photoshop. 21.2.7 is the oldest option for me as well.

I'm currently running 22.0.1 since that was the latest version that worked for me without any issues at all. But I'm only using one version of Photoshop, since all I need is one that works.

I do have an older version of Adobe Illustrator installed along with the latest one. This because I have some older plugins that doesn't work with newer versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be fair - Adobe publishes the requirements for you to review before you upgrade. They are not responsible for your equipment.

You can keep multiple versions of Photoshop on your computer but with the video card issues, its best to completely uninstall the current version then reinstall a clean older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe check the reply I already posted a while back. RAM usage going to 100% can be solved and the solution is already given.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but when the default option is auto update you dont get a chance. The fact still remains that some peoples harware is within spec and still get this issue. The nature of the issue for me is it will work fine straight after update then crap its self the next time its fired up. I'm glad that you added much the this conversation at least one thing you can be happy of its reminded me that my sub is up next month so will send in my cancelation as the sofware is awful and the support is woeful.
To prevent disapointment you may want to reseach software deprecation. nothing last forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kevin, do you think it's best that I uninstall this version that I'm having trouble with & then re-install the older version that I will be able to use the parts of PS that I cannot use now.  I currently have Adobe setup to auto install, I will be taking that off , so I can read what is in the upgrades before I allow the program to upgrade.  I 'thought' we had to do the upgrades.  Now it seems that I don't have to do that & I can only install if it will work with my current system.   Thanks for your help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would do a clean install just to make sure there are no overlapping dependencies with the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you elaborate on ' clean install ' ?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the uninstall packages for the software, then run the Adobe Cleaner tool to remove any remaining resources:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html 

Then install the version you want. That way you are insured no confliction or related resources would impact your PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same experience here. I am now back at the previous version and everything is fine again, no more crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just now also tried Photoshop 22.3 but I experience the same problem as with 22.2. I can't use this version either. It crashes the whole time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issues all requirments have been met by my hardware and yet still the problme persists. this happened to me overnight on previous 2021 version and now on this version too. going to need to look at my subscription. does anyone have a link to make complaints about this to Adobe? its really anoying when it works one day then the next you lose hours looking at a fix. currently rolling back to the 2020 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://feedback.photoshop.com/ 

Are you certain your video driver/cards are compatible with the new requirements for GPU?

Can you give more details on your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i5-2320 3.00GHz 

Intel HD Graphics

24 Gb RAM

The issue happens only with Photoshop.

What would happen or affect if I downgrade the Photoshop version to an older one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your specific Intel graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel graphics means integrated in the CPU and thats a DX10 limited chip. The easy work around for that is a dedicated graphics card. The only problem is good luck finding any good cheap DX12 capable cards outside of the used market. 

HD i5 2320 is a specific version of the Intel HD 2000 Graphics that comes with the CPU 'Core i5-2320 3.0GHz'. It uses the CPU's Level 3 Cache (up to 6 MB, in this case) + part of the RAM installed on the system up to a maximum of approximately 1.7GB for Vista/7 and 1 GB for XP. The Memory controller supports DDR3-1066 and DDR3-1333 and the Dynamic Frequency Technology of the processor can over-clock the graphics card clock from 850MHz to 1100MHz. Nevertheless it's still an integrated GPU with shared memory so its performance is very limited.

HD i5 2320 Can Run PC Game System Requirements (game-debate.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i installed a trial of Illustrator to see how it goes and I kept getting an error around my Graphics not being compatible and it referring to the intel onboard and I thought graphics. I then checked my GPU usage and it wasn’t using my NVidia GPU. I resolved this by using the NVidia control panel and setting my GPU as default and this has resolved both the Illustrator and PS errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines