• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.2. on Windows 10 is running slow with SentinelOne update

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since I upgraded to 22.2.0 release, Photoshop is extremely slow to respond to commands,. to open and just about anything that took a second to do before my upgrdade.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

As you saw on another thread @robertd67843771 our team has been experiencing the same issue with SentinalOne.

Our IT department "Added interoperability exclusions for all adobe products in Sentinelone for all workstations"

and Photoshop is now operating normally.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

I can definitely confirm that SentinelOne is the issue (at least in my case). All the machines have SentinelOne installed at our workplace. Our IT created an exclusion for Adobe software and everything is now back to normal (Crossing my Fingers). Before that, my Photoshop was laggy and I had to turn off the Graphics Acceleration from Photoshop settings. My lasso and other tools were barely functional, opening files took minutes, and I couldn't even zoom in... After turning off SentinelOne for Ad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop 22.2 is running slow specially to respond to commands.

What is your computer's operating system?  Does the app freezes or responds slow while performing a specific task or using a particular tool?

To get started, you may checkout the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-slow-lags.html

You may also checkout the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Akash Sharma

We are experiencing the same issue as @phyllisb94332584 and after speaking with our IT department, learned that SentinelOne has recently been installed to our systems. Unfortunately, our IT will not disable S1  based on an end user's comment via chat. Has Adobe looked into this issue and made any official statements that I can provide IT? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Akash Sharma I just attempted to downgrade PS to the oldest version available (21.2.5) and am still experiencing incredibly slow response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue on all our computers after the latest update. Tried to contact Adobe support, but just got some idiotic suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that  Photoshop 22.2 is running slow on your computer. Does the app freezes or responds slow while performing a specific task or using a particular tool? 

If you're using macOS BigSur, please make sure that it is updated to the latest version 11.2.1.

Have you tried checking the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All tools are slow and opening files also. We only use Windows 10 (does not matter which version of Windows 10, slow on all).

Only affects the latest version. We have downgraded to PS 21 to keep working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind restoring the preferences for Photoshop & see if it helps? See this article for reference: https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G You may want to backup your settings beforehand: https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D

Thanks, 

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found the solution. IT installed an EDR software called SentinelOne a while ago, but only recently did this affect Photoshop. Disabling it fixes the issue with Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same issues with Photoshop, evidently caused by SentinelOne, which our IT department refuses to disable.  It's also affecting other graphics and 3D apps I use- I started a thread about SentinelOne in case someone has some experience and is not checking this thread.  If anyone knows anything useful I would really appreciate it as I am stuck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can definitely confirm that SentinelOne is the issue (at least in my case). All the machines have SentinelOne installed at our workplace. Our IT created an exclusion for Adobe software and everything is now back to normal (Crossing my Fingers). SentinelOne is back on, but now with an exception for Adobe Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing... you can follow the SentinelOne thread here: 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/sentinelone-messing-with-photoshop/m-p/11857150

As aforementioned, I had the IT engineers make an exclusion for Adobe Photoshop. I'm not really sure what they did, but it was a lot of trial and error. I had to start and restart both my machine and Photoshop several times before we could get it to work properly. SentinelOne is up and running and it doesn't appear to be interfering with Photoshop's functionality for now. And yes, I do have my graphics acceleration back on under Photoshop settings. With the Photoshop exclusion, SentinelOne seems to be playing nice with Photoshop once more. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed 22.2 is very slow to open if After Effects is already running. This never happened in the past. I have 64Gb of RAM on a fully updated, Windows 10 system. 16Gb reserved for Photoshop and other programs when running AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague and I have been having major lag issues with Photoshop for some time now- we figured out that disabling GPU would fix it, but then I can't do some of my 3D work.  At the same time I noticed lag and weirdness in Substance Painter and a few other graphics and 3D apps but not nearly as bad as Photoshop.  A recent thread made it obvious that SentinelOne, our antivirus, is the problem.  Our IT refused to look at it because SentinelOne wasn't flagging anything, though it's not the first time we have found that it has been blocking services without actually flagging or detecting anything.  I also found an article where SentinelOne discusses their new efforts to prevent cryptojacking by cryptominers so it seems pretty clear that the antivirus is messing with the GPUs.  If anyone knows anything helpful I would really appreciate it as we can't seem to get this fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to install SentinelOne on my computer today through work, and now I can't use Photoshop. Every time I move one object there's so much delay that I can't possible to anything. Quite annoying. I have no solution to the problem, but it's comforting to hear that it's not just my computer that's given up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our IT created an exclusion for Adobe software and everything is now back to normal... for now... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it were *my* choice? The software would go bye-bye. Systems that require production of mission-critical documents deserve to be free of such intrusive software so people like you can get to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a security consultant for several large companies with all sorts of Adobe products.  In 2021 EDR  applications like Sentinel One are a necessity for systems doing mission critical work. I have seen Sentinel One block watering hole attacks that specifically targeting Photoshop users by embedding adware along with PS plugins.  

Would you rather be annoyed by as slowdown for a few days our loose 3 months of work because your organizations file server got Cryptolocked?    Basic Antivirus is not enough, malware is now custom created for specific organizations or groups of organizations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I may, the issue is that the slowdown is indefinite, as far as we can tell. It's not a few days, it has been this way since February 22 (for us). Our ITS department disables SentinelOne as a test run, and photoshop restores immediately.

We realize the issue is not SentinelOne's fault, and we also know that it's important to cover all of the potential cryptominer vulnerabilities. However, SentinelOne and Adobe Photoshop currently have an error that cannot be resolved on the user end. Do you have specific rules that you suggest which allow for the use of Photoshop with SentinelOne protection? 

Do you know if Adobe and Sentinel One are working out a fix for this? Is there a timeline? It's not even on Photoshop's known issues page, which honestly kinda sucks of them. Really. We purchase some 600+ Adobe Cloud licenses every year. Do better, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't storing your working data on cloud storage essentially solve the issue? That would provide a local copy as well as a second copy of the data on an MS, Google, AWS, or other server which is running advanced antivirus. 

Sure, for mission critical work. But as an example, StentinelOne is causing issues with Every GPU based software right now. Blender is hardly even useable. Photoshop takes ungodly amounts of time to do repetetive tasks. It's not just an annoyance. It's a loss in productivity. 

And I agree, basic antivirus isn't enough. You also need to train your users not to do stupid crap. Fine, make policies that you have to go through IT to use a plugin or something. Malware is also completely different than virus, and Sentinel does a crap job at trying to avoid it. If something is custom targetting a group then it's not going to block squat. 

Once antivirus starts effecting productivity, it has worn out it's usefulness, and instead, you are better off skipping it, and coming up with methods for backing up your data. You can't argue with backing up data a couple times a day and removing it physically from a system either. You can't cryptolock what you don't have access to. 

That actually happened to us because someone was running an old XP machine that IT forgot about. They locked our files. We just said "screw it" and restored from a backup. Lost about 2 days of work in all, and 1-ish day of files. 

Losing 2 days of work is approximately a .8% loss in productivity for the year. So if some stupid software causes us to be on average 2% slower, then that is Worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you saw on another thread @robertd67843771 our team has been experiencing the same issue with SentinalOne.

Our IT department "Added interoperability exclusions for all adobe products in Sentinelone for all workstations"

and Photoshop is now operating normally.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can definitely confirm that SentinelOne is the issue (at least in my case). All the machines have SentinelOne installed at our workplace. Our IT created an exclusion for Adobe software and everything is now back to normal (Crossing my Fingers). Before that, my Photoshop was laggy and I had to turn off the Graphics Acceleration from Photoshop settings. My lasso and other tools were barely functional, opening files took minutes, and I couldn't even zoom in... After turning off SentinelOne for Adobe, everything went back to normal. I have the Graphics Acceleration back on again and all the tools are functional once more. I would like to give special thanks to DandyMan for his post. If not for your post, I would still be encountering this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for the update. I have shared this feedback with our engineering team. They will diagnose the issue and work on it accordingly. 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a couple of follow up questions from our engineers to get more details: 

1. If you turn off the Cryptominer scanning software does Photoshop behave correctly? You will need to remove the exception on one of your machines affected by this issue and check it.
  2. With the SentinalOne app activated, do any other Adobe apps like Indesign, After Effects or Creative Cloud Desktop app also see similar slowdown?
  3. Is it possible for you be able to put SentinalOne in alert mode vs. block mode? Many antivirus softwares do that as based on the level of scanning your computer/firewall. Does that change anything?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash,

I had the IT engineer make an exclusion for Adobe Photoshop. I'm not really sure what he did, as far as details are concerned... but it did take a lot of trial and error. From what I can surmise, he made exceptions to various folder locations. I had to start and restart both my machine and Photoshop several times before we could get it to work properly.

SentinelOne is up and running and it doesn't appear to be interfering with Photoshop's functionality for now. And yes, I do have my graphics acceleration turned back on under Photoshop settings. With the exclusion, SentinelOne seems to be playing nice with Photoshop again. As far as other Adobe software is concerned, I have not tested whether or not SentinelOne has had any detrimental effects. I have not noticed any lag issues in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines