• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.3.1 will not open unless computer is restarted & tools not working as expected on macOS

New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having issues with PS CC2021 v 22.3.1 since the last update almost 2 weeks ago. Running on macOS Catalina v10.15.7 4.2 GHz Quad_Core i7 with 64GB RAM

• PS CC2021 will no longer load/start UNLESS I restart my computer. There's no error message, the icon jumps up and down like it's going to load but doesn't. 
  • layers are no longer selected once I click on an image or text.  I have to manually select the layer or text to access it
  • the "new" default proportional scaling no longer works and I have to hold shift to scale

I have not set any preferences, I've been running on default PS settings from the start so I have not touched anything. I'm afraid my only other option is to re-install this weekend after I finish the workweek. Any suggestions? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.3.1. You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

If the issue persists, try re-installing Photoshop after removing it using the Creative Cloud cleaner tool. You can check out the steps to use the Creative Cloud cleaner tool here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikuj, 

This did help and it restored PS CC2021 to normal. I even downloaded the last 2 recent updates with no issues so far. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Last PS CC2021 v22.4.1  update from 3 days ago gave rendered the same problem AGAIN. Now I have to use the Adobe cleaner to reinstall at the beginning of a workweek....Either I have to constantly restart my computer to use PS CC2021 or I have to use the "Adobe cleaner" to reinstall? This is getting annoying Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry that the issue persists. Did you update the macOS version of your computer recently along with the Photoshop update or did it happen right after the 22.4.1 update? Have you tried re-installing the app again to check if that makes a difference?

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nikunj, 

This issue happened as soon as I updated to Photoshop to V 22.4.1. I will have to reinstall using the Adobe CC Cleaner tool this weekend after my workweek is done again. 

I have not updated my macOS yet since sometimes there are some issues and bugs that occur that may effect performance with installed software. Seems like I should have considered the same for this last update 😅

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging into another account (you may need to make one): does it still crash?

If you boot into Safe mode (hold down Shift Key at boot): does it still crash?

Have you tried running a free utility like Onyx to see if that stops the crashing? 
https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines