• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.3 crashing on Mac mini M1

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed new Photoshop 22.3 that supposed to be M1 compatibile. As I start Photoshop it displays a window where new features are displayed but as soon as I click at that windows beachball is spinning and photoshop does not respond. I also try to open psd file but as soon as the photoshop opens it stops responding and beachball spinning. Tryed reinstalling but without luck. The only way to start Photoshop is to open it using Roseta emulator on M1.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this, that doesn't sound good. 

Please go to the System Preferences of macOS, then Security and Privacy & select the Privacy tab. Once there, please select Accessibility from the list on the left and add Photoshop to the list by unlocking the window using the lock icon. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access. Once done, restart the computer and let us know if that helps.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for sugestion. I have managed it going to Log Out on my Mac account and then back Log In and then it strats working. I have also experience some crashes but when it crashes I use force quit but when I open photoshop again then the issue reapear and the only way to start photoshop m1 is going to log out on mac and then back to logi in and then it starts working again till next crash. I think it is a bug and will be fixed in some time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the information. Could you please let us know which macOS version are you on? Have you tried updating to Big Sur 11.2.3 update and see if that helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am experiencing exactly the same issue (Mac Mini M1, BigSur 11.2.3). Photoshop freezes (beachball spinning) on the welcome screen. Sometimes Log out / Log in helps, but usually not for long. For example it almost always freezes again when I try to paste some graphics from Illustrator (beachball spinning). I even created a new admin user (solution from the known M1 issues page) which is kind of a painful process to setup from scratch. Nothing has helped, sometimes it loads and works for a while (until a paste from Illustrator), but usually it just stucks on the welcome screen. It is very frustrating and now I am trying to go back to previous verzion of Photoshop, even if it was not native M1 app, it at least worked. Please let us know if there is a definitive solution for this issue. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same issue if I paste something from illustrator but I read on adobe blog sites that it is a known issue and it is because one app runs native and other runs in Rosetta emulator. You dont need to install older version just run this new version in Rosetta mode. Right click on photoshop app icon and select get info. There you thick option run in Rosetta and you cann paste without problems from illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It is a known issue you can check more information about all other known issues here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

To get by, you can simply run Photoshop in Rosetta emulation mode. Check the steps here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861

Let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Big Sur 11.2.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the info. Could you try creating a new user account on your computer and test Photoshop on the new account? Let us know how it goes? https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont whant to clutter my mac with different user account just because adobe photoshop app is not working like it should. I find a workaround that is ok for me. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues witn Mac Mini M1/ Big Sur 11.3.1 chip and Photoshop latest version. Once Photoshop crashes which is daily the Lightroom and Illustrator also crash. Only way is to restart machine which is usually a hard restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, M1 + Adobe PSd and Ai, OMG I am so desperate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines