• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.3 not working on my PC

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version 22.3 of Photoshop does not work on my PC running Windows 10 64 bit. Since my installation has been updated, eveything I try to do fails with a message "@Unable to complete due to a program error".  I have had to fall back to version 22.2. A clean reinstall of v22.3 has the same problem.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Same error, even when I so a clean reinstall. How do I roll back?

error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @garyb39884364 ,

Submit a crash report to Adobe. Here's how: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

@Specific Aaron , Here's how you install a previous version. https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Good luck to both of you

mj

MSD Star Grey-01.png

Mohammed Jogie | Morning Star Design |
Adobe ACA | ACE | ACI | ACP | CA | UGM |
MISTD | Ico-D | IxDAPADI C&G |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem on 2 different machines.  Rolling back to 22.1 got me going again, but I can't escape the feeling that I am paying for updates that I can't use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @garyb39884364, @mj @Sandpounder , @NoelFOGO and @Mirf123  

I installed v.22.3.1 and it now works. I can''t comment on other people's issues in this thread.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Même probleme 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I backed down to the next two earlier versions and did not get the error message but it did have problems such as not showing the thumbnails on the layers correctly.

I was able to back out enough so it works now.

I think the problem is with the graphics card.  Mine is an NVIDIA GT 630 and when I check the Performance it shows that the video card is not being used and driver updates are needed.  As far as I know I have the latest updates.  What graphics cards are others using with this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mia at Yucca Ranch ,

Please advise what version is working for you? 22.1.1 or 22.1?

Not an ideal fix, but at least work can get done.

Best

mj

MSD Star Grey-01.pngMohammed Jogie | Morning Star Design |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I backed off to 22.1.1 and it seems to work for me.  I am interested to hear what others are using for a graphics card.  

Thanks

Mia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have found the problem. My graphics card is an NVIDIA GT 630 as well.

I've also discovered that it won't let me run Aero, so I think it may be time for a new card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with same error message. I can open a jpg or raw file but cannot perform some types of operations; I get the error message and can't use adjustment layers or filters, export, or access /HelpSystem Info. I can crop, add a blank layer, use the clone tool, and use the paint brush, More weirdly, I cannot change access Edit/Preferernces/Performance.  

This is a seriously buggy update. I'm using PS 22.3 and Lightroom Classic 10.2 on a desktop PC. Lightroom is having no problems.

I hope you can help.Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problems with the latest Photoshop version 22.3. It crashes when I try to open a jpg or psd file. Rolling back to 22.1 is an option, but not one without problems. For example: When using the Rectangular marquee or magic wand tool, the marching ants are not visible. When typing a text in the Lorem Ipsum the text I type is not visible. The only way to see the text is by clicking outside the text field.

Rolling back to version 22.0 seems to solve these problems. I hope you can help me with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I've just worked with version 22.0 and discovered that problems with marching ants and  type tool are still there. I've just rolled back to version 21.2.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not ideal right?

Please post the problem here so th Photoshop team can weigh in on the conversation. https://feedback.photoshop.com

Best

mj

MSD Star Grey-01.pngMohammed Jogie | Morning Star Design |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally... after a long day trying to update from Version 22.3.... I am back where I started this morning...

I fiddled around by uninstalling and installing... but always got the spinning wheel of death when I tried to open PS.....LR and Bridge were fine... I got onto an Adobe chat... and he "helped me install what looked like CS5... ( no Content aware or Sky replacement )...and ended his shift... I stayed online with a new person... that after reinstalling PS... that worked like a charm... hit the "UPDATE" button... in order to get the spinning wheel of death..... His shift ended... and I found a way to REINSTALL VERSION 22.3... on my Silicon Mac Mini and its FINE again.... BEWARE OF THE UPDATE   !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you going to 22.4.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So.... I called Adobe back to explain the issue.... and then spent a further six hours with three different agents... until  the agent ...took control... logged me off and logged on to " root " and then installed the LATEST PS... and it run really well... NO Issues... and told me to ask Apple to help me create a "New user" on my Mac... and Install the Whole package to that...I did that... and ..... How many days later.... I am reloading around a Terabyte of Photos into LR. and Capture One... Plus trying to get my Music back under control... Oh the joys of a Corrupted user profile... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines