Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.4.2 crash error

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I’m having trouble saving files in multiple versions of Photoshop. The files appear to save correctly, however when re opening I receive one of the following messages.

'Could not open ***** because it is not a valid photoshop document’
Or
‘Layers in the file are corrupt would you like to merge layers’

This does not happen every time, but I would say 1 in 10 need to be recreated.
I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall the same/older versions of 22 but the problem continues.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which multiple photoshop versions are saving bad files which file types are saved incorrectly.  Can you provide instructions on how one can replicate your problem ? All you posted is you have some bad files, and you feel they were made by version of Photoshop.  You may just have a failing disk that need to be replaced.  Or have a RAM problem so wrong data is written to disk.  Have you run any hardware  diagnostics?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am saving PSD files and have attempted to resolve the issue on CC, 2019, and 2020. the issue did not accour on 2018. 

My files are high res PNG/TIFF renders which are combined with shadow/clown layers.

No hardware checks have been completed yet. I am trying to narrow down the cause of the problem first.

Thanks for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On Windows 10 I  have never had a problem with any image files any version of Photoshop has written.  I have been using Photoshop on windows for many years.  Many Windows versions and many Photoshop versions.  I started using Photoshop using with Photoshop version 3 and Only skipped a couple of versions like CS4.  All versions of Photoshop has bugs Adobe does not fix all reported bugs. There is a bugs I reported in to Adobe I believe in  CS2 that is still in Photoshop 2021.  Some bugs are in Photoshop features that only a small number of Photoshop users use and are in an area few will ever use. Adobe does not fix bugs that bite so few. For they are advance users that can work around these issues. I has seen other report the same bugs that never seen to be fixed.  Photoshop is still a very good image editing Application.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines