Photoshop 22.4.2 flickering on M1 Apple Silicon running macOS Big Sur 11.4

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone having issues with PS flickering on 11.4 on an M1? I was running the current version of PS CC 22.4.2 and today kept getting weird graphical glitches. Anytime I scroll I get heavy flicker and any file I opened wouldn't render properly. I downgraded PS a few steps and still the flicker. I ended up changing the GPU settings first disabling Open CL and restarting PS that didn't do anything. Reducing the level of GPU usage and restarting PS didn't either. I had to disable using the M1 GPU entirely and restart PS before the app was usable again. Updating back to the current PS version still seems stable so I'll leave the GPU acceleration disabled for now. I'm not seeing any posts on this yet. Is it just me?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the experience due to the screen flickering while using Photoshop 22.4.2. You can try going to the Preferences of Photoshop, then Technology Previews & enable the option to Deactivate Native Canvas. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

If the issue persists, you can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same issue on an M1 and the recommendation below about Native Canvas did not fix it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for the update. Is flickering happens when you use Photoshop or illustrator/Indesign together?

Regards,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop. I have to turn off the use of the GPU in Photoshop, which is
frustrating because it limits the ability to rotate the canvas.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is from the beginning when I installed PS on M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. It seemed to be caused by the window being off screen. Resizing seemed to fix the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm! The window was off screen and that caused the insane flickering (M1, Big Sur, 22.4.2 PS version)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Centering the screen seemed that fixed for awhile, but now it's happening again. I happens on PS and AI both running native. I tried resetting prefs and disabling gpu none worked. it something with the programs. Any other ideas? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines