• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.4.2 freezing on Mac Mini M1

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody have the same problem? I work with Photoshop and all of a sudden ( Mac Mini M1 - 16 GB) Photoshop freezes? I can't even say when it happens. It changes. Very uncomfortable. I use the latest Version 22.4.2. and this should work on an M1. Does not happen all the time but too often. Frustrating. Almost impossible to do professional work now. You never know when all your done work freezes and then you have to shut down the programm and start from new. 😞 Because of my panic I press save every 10 seconds now. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Freezing on my MacbookPro 2019 since yesterday's update. I can't work. 2 restarts, currently stuck at Reading Photoshop Format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. Haven't seen that there is already a new version online 22.4.3. I give it a try. Either I have now the same problems that you have or new ones or the same I already had. I will inform you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, 22.43 is was the problem, I just uninstalled it and reinstalled 22.42, and am able to work. Hopefully, the newer version will work for you. I'm going to have to wait for a patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have has something similar happening, when I am zoomed in and doing detail work. Photoshop will freeze as I am panning around and I cannot zoom in or out, or pan from the frozen spot. Ironically, I can click other tools and thankfully save the file!

Once I close photoshop and relaunch, it will work are normal for about 10-15 mins and then I get the same frickin' freeze. Grrr! I was hoping the recent update would have fixed this issue, but it did not.

System: iMac running Mojave 10.14.6

Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay. I found my problem... I use a second monitor and Photoshop randomly displays dialog boxes on the other monitor that is turned off. Now it works. So it's not a Software or M1 issue. Stupid mistake. I feel like in IT CROWD. Have you tried turning it off and on again ? I did and now it works. Shame on me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines