• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.4.2 Lasso tool malfunctioning when combined with pan tool

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having several issues with this version of Photoshop that may be related. It's gotten a bit ridiculous, so I've resorted to posting here in hopes of a solution.

1) When I am using the polygonal lasso tool and I use the pan (hold space, drag the canvas) it will cause small parts of the selected area to jump 20 px or so away from where they were selected. So when it appeared I was selecting the proper space, I pan up to continue and suddenly the selected area is ~20 pixels away from where I was selecting. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen often.

2) when I hit ctrl+t to transform something, the box does not show up. I have to zoom in or out before the box will appear. I have it on, it just fails to render in until I have zoomed.

3) When I use the pen tool, it is VERY hard to get the line to show up. The direct select tool does not show points or the line unless I click exactly on a node. That's fun to try to do when you can't see the line at all... it makes editing any paths super hard.

These all appear to be some sort of image rendering/visual issues, but I have no idea what is causing them.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Have you tried resetting the preferences? This is often a great general fix when Photoshop is just acting weird. Open up the Preferences from the Photoshop menu on a Mac or the Edit menu on Windows. Within the General section is the Reset Preferences On Quit button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The red is where I was clicking when I did the selection, the line is where the selection ended up after I panned. selection.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on mac or windows? 
is your graphic card driver up to date? If not update to the most recent version 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows. This has been a persistent issue through a couple of graphics card updates. I just updated my graphics card to the most recent up date a week ago, and have double-checked there isn't another version available (there isn't).

Specs:

Intel i9-10900 CPU @ 2.8 Ghz

64gb installed RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

Windows 10 vs. 19042.1110

Adobe Photoshop CC Version 22.4.2

I am using two monitors with my computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose I should also say I'm using a mouse and keyboard. No Wacom or tablet of any sort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the preferences? This is often a great general fix when Photoshop is just acting weird. Open up the Preferences from the Photoshop menu on a Mac or the Edit menu on Windows. Within the General section is the Reset Preferences On Quit button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does seem to have helped for now! Which is weird because I did already try that before. Perhaps I didn't do that correctly or something... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear. Hopefully that solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have had a problem with the lassoo tool for about two weeks. I changed the mouse to "logitech B100" with a lead rather than remote.  I have only done about  four hours work with it today but so far there has been no problem. . I have no connection with logitech but read somebody else had done the same. I did print a complicated mouse patern so it always has different points to view but that was just a precaution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines