• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Convert to Video Timeline option missing - Apple M1 devices

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to select anything but "Create Frame Animation" in the Timeline. I am trying to create a Video Timeline, but not using Frame animation. This option isn't in the bottom left or top right of the Timeline menu.

I have tried resetting my preferences, uninstalling and re-installing, creating a new document, and converting all layers to smart objects, and none of those have worked. I have a macbook pro with macOS Big Sur version 11.2.3 with an Apple M1 chip.

Thank you for the help!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here.

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 860 Replies 860
860 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, 

He creado una animación con la Línea de tiempo de Photoshop y al intentar exportarla a vídeo, no me deja clicar la opción de Media Encoder.

Captura de pantalla 2021-06-30 a las 16.48.03.png

Anteriormente, había exportado a vídeo sin problema con versiones anteriores de Photoshop, pero ahora no hay manera...

Muchas gracias de antemano!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

De la imagen se desprende claramente que el formato de la imagen es JPG.
¿Animaste las capas en la línea de Timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on my end. 13" M1 MBP, macOS 11.4, Photoshop v22.4.2, opening an image sequence doesn't load all images so no movie is playable/renderable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also confirmed that this works properly running Rosetta 2 but not via native M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble making a Video Timeline. Im in RGB mode and when I enable the timeline the create frame animation is the only option. There is no create video timeline option. If I create a frame animation then try and use the small icon on the bottom left to convert to video timeline the button is disabled on M1 Mac. I have tried restarting photoshop and restarting the computer i dont know what I have to do to make the convert to video timeline option not disabled. Im not doing anything fancy I dont understand why this is so hard to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These features are not yet supported on M1 Macs due to the effort required to convert and adapt the underlying code. It's as simple as that. You have to look into other tools.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

step 1 = get a Windows laptop...  even without the current M1 issues a Mac just isn't the right tool for the job

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
I recently (almost six months) bought a new MacBook Pro with the M1 processor. I can't tell if photoshop isn't fully compatible with this processor or the issue is Adobe Photoshop 2021 but I can't find the function "Import Video Frames to Layers" that used to be in File>Import>Import video frames to layers... it just disappeared! 

I really need that because I rotoscope videos and that's the easiest way for me, It's frustrating because I'm paying for this program but there just decide to cancel one of the things I need the most 😞

Do you have the same issue? any idea on how to solve it?

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, to use video functions on an m1 you will need to run Photoshop under Rosetta.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to say...your instructions worked to perfection. Thank you! I don't know if I'll get the product I want/need but at least I'm not going crazy anymore wondering WTF is happening here? Come on Adobe...get to work. Had I known Adobe was screwing up so much I woud have placed more effort into redering my project through Final Cut Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sí, generé una línea de tiempo y animés los cuadros. Apliqué la opción "Optimizar animación" y al procesar la secuencia sólo me deja exportar a archivos de imágen (JPEG, BMP, PNG...), pero no de vídeo, ya que en el desplegable, no puedo elegir "Adobe Media Encoder", sólo "Secuencia de imágenes de Photoshop".

He intentado muchas cosas, pero no sé qué puede ser...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit a video in photoshop, however the option to "create animation frame" only appears when activating the timeline. I use Macbook M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video features are incomplete on M1 Macs and many of them simply won't work. You have to use other programs/ tools to at least convert your clip to an image sequence that can be imported.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, just got a new work computer with the M1 chip and am having this exact issue. Can no longer use the timeline feature to create .mp4 files as the button is greyed out and there is no way to toggle to the "video timeline" from the Timeline window, which means there is no way to export as a video file. Huge bummer. After Effects is too convoluted for the kind of simple GIF videos I need to make... Adobe, please fix ASAP! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case it helps anyone else, you can actually disable the current version and download the oldest available version of PS from CC and that has re-enabled this feature for me. Hopefully they fix it before I am forced to update to a newer version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least with M1 Macs, in my experience this is not a viable option. I downgraded to the pre-M1 PS and it was completely unstable. Had 4 crashes in the course of a day. Moved back to newer the non-timeline M1-native version and crashes stopped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blc2021, you deserve the nobel prize for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is photoshop going to fix this on subsequent releases of M1 optimized versions of photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I changed it back to the updated version after I finished that project. The new PS is super glitchy on my new computer too.. :'( The whole screen glitches constantly and oftentimes I can't even see what i'm working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How can i run Rosetta? Photoshop is working. Just not the import part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* Ésto funcionó para mí, al final son de las cosas que ADOBE tiene que corregir para el M1 y ya va tarde para ésto. 

* This works for me , this is the kind of thing that ADOBE has to fix for the M1 , Adobe is going slow with this adaptations

Votes

Translate

Translate