• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.4.2 unable to open or create files on PC, can't save file on Mac

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 machines, and both of them have serious issues with PS 22 that persist even after reinstalling.

On my Win 10 PC, Photoshop 22.4.2 opens just fine, but it completely refuses to open any file or create a new one. The program doesn't crash or freeze, but nothing at all happens whenever I try to create a file. Tool shortcuts still work and I can click on menu items, but I also can't open any file at all, whether through click & drag or through the open function.

On my Macbook Pro, (I can't remember the version number right now, but it's PS 22) I can't save my files unless I turn off all my layers. The zooming function is also buggy, every time I zoom in or out, the preview is stretched either horizontally or vertically, it's unpredictable.

PS 21 still works perfectly fine on both machines, so I could always revert back. But I think these issues are worth mentioning.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send specs for both machines?

Specific version of Photoshop, Computer OS version, HD Space, RAM, Graphics Cards, VRAM and for the Mac what version Mac Computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on my PC but also can't close PS without forcing the program to crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same question - need specs listed above to determine cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines