• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.4 crashes upon opening

Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently Photoshop has taken to crashing immediately upon opening. I did the usual uninstall and reinstall, but it still wouldn't open. This started the first time when I right-clicked on a PDF and tried to open it in PS to rasterize a page. I've sent a dozen crash reports to Adobe. 

The only thing that works for get PS back is to open FontExplorer X Pro and Clean System Font Caches (not the Adobe font cache). But that means a complete Restart of the Mac, and is very disruptive if I'm working in After Effects or Premiere etc. Then PS will crash again next day when I open it. I've turned off every font that I'm not using, without any effect. 

I just tried the Adobe Cleaner Tool, which completely removed PS.  I reinstalled it again. Not sure if it will fix the issue, but it was worth a shot. 

But if anyone is crashing on launches, try the Clean System Font Cache trick in FontExplorer (or however you do it without FE). At least it will get you up again after a Restart. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this, could you please try updating Photoshop to version 22.4.1 through the Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Updated version 22.4.1 crashes upon opening. Restarting my Mac helps, but it eventually does it again, and only restarting the mac helps. GRRRR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't sound good. Please go to the System Preferences of macOS, then Security and Privacy & select the Privacy tab. Once there, please select Accessibility from the list on the left and add Photoshop to the list by unlocking the window using the lock icon. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access. Once done, restart the computer and let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated OS to Big Sur... problem solved! : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22.4.1 is crashing every time I open it.
It gives 3 options to save your file
It keeps crashing, even when I just click on FILE.

It has been doing this for 24 hours now.
I have downloaded the previous version and uninstalled 22.4.1 

and it is still doing it!
Please fix this fast!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sahil, I will let you know. I’ve been out of the office for a week, but I updated to the new PS 22.4.1, flushed font cache, and restarted. I will know in another few days whether that fixed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updating to PS 22.4.1 seems to have fixed it. No crashes in a couple of weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging into another account (you may need to make one): does it still crash?

If you boot into Safe mode (hold down Shift Key at boot): does it still crash?

Have you tried running a free utility like Onyx to see if that stops the crashing? 
https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven been able to open it for months now and I have a Windows Surface Pro. ive uninstall and reinstalled over 20 times now and obvisously I have tried turning it on and off. I pay too much money for a program that I cant even use the latest update smh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines