Exit

Photoshop 3D Extrusion - Settings Non-Responsive, No Mesh

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, 

Last week, I worked with 3D extrusion and all was well. Well... not anymore 😄 

Today I wanted to work on another project - so I created some text, went to the usual 3D - Create 3D Extrusion from selected layer. One of two things happens: 

• the text/object disappears simply (it does not matter what settings I change within the 3D workspace, its just gone)
  • the object remains but I can not adjust anything in any way - changing settings has no effect on what I see on the canvas.

The odd thing - If I create a text layer, say, with the word 'Hello', run the 3D extrusion, run into one of the results above, delete the text layer and create a new one with the word, say, 'Again', click on 3D Extrusion ... the word 'Again' disappears and the word 'Hello' reappears. If I reposition a layer in the layer panel and switch back to the 3D panel, the layer snaps back to its previous position, unchangeable. 

It seems like the 3D Extrusion is simply 'stuck' - I don't even see a mesh, nor can I change settings on the camera or the environment - just nothing happens. It also seems like some parts of the 3D workspace are somewhat missing 😄 Anyone had this issue before? 

Things I tried: 

• Checked OpenGL is enabled
  • Switched to 'Basic' Performance operation
  • Restarted Laptop
  • System Update (MacOS BigSur 11.3.1)
  • Re-installed Photoshop
  • Reset Photoshop settings 
  • Tried to use shapes/anything really instead of text, tried smart objects
  • Clicked on EVERY setting available within the 3D workspace to try to narrow down the problem - nothing changed/was visible

I would appreciate any insight you might have - thank you! 

• MacOS Big Sur 11.3.1
  • 2.4Ghz 8 Core i9
  • 32 GB DDR4
  • AMD Radeon Pro 5500 4GB + Intel UHD Graphics 1536 MB
  • Latest PS version, fully updated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Hi

If you're on version 22.4.1 try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2021-05-20 09_59_13-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you're on version 22.4.1 try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2021-05-20 09_59_13-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You, sir, are brilliant. 

While I have no idea why this was disabled from a day to another, at this point I don't care 😄 

That worked! 

Thank you so much! Greetings from Ireland, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome and greetings from Ireland to you too 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines