• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop bug: hand tool keeps snapping to the same spot

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll use the space bar to temporarily activate the hand tool. When I let go, the screen snaps me to a different spot and then it gets stuck there. No matter what I do, it won't "unstick" itself. It's like the view is locked on that one particular spot on the pasteboard. 

I updated to version 21.1.2 and it's still doing it. Closing and opening Photoshop tends to help but it only takes a minute or so before it starts doing it again.

I tried googling this but no one else seems to have this issue. Any help would be much appreciated!

Photoshop hand tool glitch.gif

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a pen or a mouse?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both. I've tried it with my tablet and I've tried it without and it does it regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem only mine snaps to the upper right.  Both with Wacom and mouse.  Still doing it in version 21.1.3.  If I exit and come back in it is OK for a while then does it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry that's happening to you but I'm also glad I'm not the only one! I hope someone has an answer soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing this... I'm on a Cintiq... but it doesn't matter... does this with a pen or a mouse. If I create a new layer and left click on the workspace with a brush tool... The brush develops a mind of its own and draws all over my screen... only when the hand tool is malfunctioning like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The brush develops a mind of its own and draws all over my screen..."

Yes this behavior is also happening to me but only occasionally.  It happens with many of the tools,  Clone stamp, lasso, etc.  Only way to fix it is to exit Photoshop and get back in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried closing and reopening but it does it almost as soon as I start up again. Then I have to reboot my computer and hope it works. I'm just gonna hope it doesn't do this is the next update I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening for me too. After it snapped back three times the scrollbars disappear, as if the image is smaller than the window, so I can't even go to the area I want to work on, except through clicking on the area on the navigator. Or I have to restart PS.  This is really not good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Prior to it starting I noticed zoom had switched to scrubby on its own and this started after switching it back, going back to scrubby doesn't revert the problem. I can only get my work on screen by choosing fit to screen in the zoom option but that means I can no longer easily zoom in on specific parts of the image. This happens with both the spacebar shortcut and the tool itself selected.
v21.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was so happy to see this thread then so disappointed when I saw there was no resolution. Gutted this hasn't been resolved yet. COME ON ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exact same issue here... goodness its been close to a year now and i still have to deal with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this issue??? I'm having the same problems. Both with the hand tool making the image snap to one of the corners randomly AND having the brush tools scribble randomly all over the screen. This is soooooo frustrating. Makes trying to retouch take way longer than necessary. How is this not solved by Adobe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's one of the things thats caused me incredible inconvenience. I've decided to just leave adobe all together and use clip studio paint instead, it's so much better. Thanks adobe you just lost customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why hasnt this been resolved yet??? Seriously... I have been having this problem for a long time and it seems like it should be a quick patch. What the heck Adobe??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not addressing Adobe here you are addressing other users of Photoshop we do not work for Adobe or kow what Adobe is doing. We know Adobe has posted many known issues in Photoshop 2021. Adobe has not finished the development of Photoshop 2021 yet.  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html   Adobe historically does not fix all reported issues

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I upgraded from a previous version yesterday and it started happening immediately. I noticed it doesn't snap back if you press the space bar, drag and hold a little bit longer than you normally would before releasing the space bar after moving it (at least for me it does)... but this isn't a solution. It's an annoying workaround for the time being. I was on a previous version of PS because of another massive issue I had that Adobe couldn't fix. Their solution was "This is a known issue so we advise you to use a previous version of the program." This was after 3 adobe techs remoted into my machine. I only upgraded yesterday hoping all the issues were fixed. Now this.

I plan on going back to the previous version again. It's pretty crappy we pay this much money for the programs and get nothing but unsolved issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here 😞 Not  sesolving yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm having the same problem here, also with the Rotate View Tool. I'm working on an illustration and it's awfu to be unable to rotate and move the image. Moving at least works if I use only the view bars to move the image. But rotating it becomes impossible. I'm using Windows 10 and a Huion Kamvas pen display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are your graphic tablet and GPU drivers up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 year, problem still persist. Worst drawing program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2023 same issue, still going on. Using a pen tablet or mouse. The pen tablet i'm using is a Wacom Intuos B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines