• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Canvas freezing

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, there something going on with my Photoshop and I just can't figure it out.

In December of 2020 I was making a illustration, it was a A3 size 300dpi, and everytime I was making my lineart, my canvas screen was just freezing. I couldn't move the canvas, stroke, erase or use any other tools, I could select them, and they would get selected, but my canvas was still frozen and not working. The menus and options were still working, so i would just save my file and open again for it to work again, until the same thing happen after 5 minutes or so.

My laptop has enough configurations to handle the file, 16gb of ram, RTX 2060 6gb, SSD, i7 10th gen. I even tried to give more Ram for Photoshop to consume, but it didn't help at all. In fact, when I open Windows Task Manager, Photoshop is using 10% of memory, so it's functioning ok.

I have tried to use older versions of Photoshop, as well as uninstalling and installing again the software, as well as tried to reinstall my Wacom's drivers. Nothing has worked so far.

Please, someone help me 😞

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! We are so sorry to hear that Photoshop has been freezing. What version of Photoshop are you using? And in all that you've tried, have you turned off your Graphics Processor Card to see if that might be the culprit? Here is a help doc to give you more information on the process: Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Also, here is a list of known issues in PS: Known issues in Photoshop

Let us know if that fixes the issue or if you have any additional questions.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try to reinstall photoshop completely using this tool:

How and when to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool | Advanced steps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also try to create a new admin windows user and reinstall photoshop in that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines