• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop canvas Won't rotate because of openGL

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I try to rotate the canvas in photoshop I get the "Could not complete your request because it only works with openGL enabled document windows", I have a NVIDIA GTX 1080, windows 7, and the latest version of photoshop. What do I do to solve this problem? also the "use OpenCL" option in the performance is greyed out.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Did you try doing a clean install with the Studio drive, if that doesn't help the only option you have at the moment is to revert back to 21.1.3

2020-08-28 14_57_08-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There are major issues with Photoshop version 21.2.2 not detecting some old and not so old GPU's, have you tried updating your GPU driver from the Nvidia website, when installing click the advanced options and custom install and perform a clean install, also check out this, especially section 7

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have the latest GPU driver which I updated from their program, GeForce Experience. But it still doesn't detect the graphics processor in the performance tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try doing a clean install with the Studio drive, if that doesn't help the only option you have at the moment is to revert back to 21.1.3

2020-08-28 14_57_08-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find and SD version for my video card, but I installed 21.1.3 and everything works Great!!

thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you're up and running again, it's a shame that you have to revert to a previous version considering your GPU is only 4 years old.

You can get the Studio driver from the same page as you download the Game Ready

2020-08-28 16_21_43-Download Drivers _ NVIDIA.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you proform a clean install? I'm not very tech savvy and I would appreciate it if you could please explained it for me. I'm faced with this very same issue where I installed the latest version on photoshop 22.31 and I can'tt flip my canvase due to this OpenGL thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally not cool Adobe. This is a major tool and you make it difficult for a lot of new users. Coulda. Woulda...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard that. So I had to also up my RAM fo PS. Not to worry about the clean install though. Trying to remember the process. I had to give computer access to an Adobe help chat tech (which helped a lot) and I believe he also turned on my "Use Graphic Processor" then restarted and bwualla! So dumb to have to go so far to get this awesome tool. But woth it. The process taught me a lot about "There are NO easy buttons" in life and PS...etc, etc, etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad there isn't a SD driver for all cards. It seems that for the GeForce GT 730 is no SD driver (haven't found one). I run into troubles every time I upgrade PS... Wacom tablet (1.5 years old) won't work correctly (the cross isn't aligned when cloning etc), rotation does not work... Seems like Adobe started to act like Apple where you are forced to buy new hardware every 2 years or so 8-/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an old hand at Adobe software. Out of all the constant new additions to Photoshop, all the bells and whistles that clutter up the program and leave it looking like the control deck of a jumbo jet - ROTATE CANVAS was one of the few that actually helped, a genuine improvement that aided illustration immeasurably. And now they’ve gone and p***ed up the wall with this 'only works with OpenGL document windows' error which I have tried and failed to solve since I updated to the buggy latest version. Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rotate canvas works as it always has - but not if you have a buggy GPU driver or an outdated card.

Another common problem with laptops is dual GPUs. You need to completely disable the integrated Intel GPU and use only the dedicated Nvidia/AMD GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your reply D Fosse but my drivers are up-to-date. As to my 'outdated' card, well, it was working in the morning before I updated my Adobe versions. I have been trying all the suggestions mentioned in the Forum but they are yet to be successful.

I called it buggy because there were also aspects of Premiere and Animate that I had to resolve before they functioned properly.

But feel free to blame me and defend Adobe all you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Brian5E8B You can also try to reinstall an older version of Photoshop from the CC application https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html in case you deleted it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines