Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2020 problems

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have updated to cc 2020 and it seems that i have lots of problem with it (i'm on windows 10)

i was doing a project with CC 2019 everything seemed fine and did the update to 2020 and now some layer that was in lighten seems to be back to normal (eventhough they're still set to lighten) when i wait a few minutes it seems that they works properly again (don't know why i have to wait) but when i click back to the layer the problem comes back.

the transform tool, when i want to rotate a layer that got a mask on it, is lagging A LOT (and i have 16gb of ram never had any problem). i have to apply the mask then the lag is gone.

that is two major problem and i don't know if it's fixable or not.

and i'd like to know if i can come back to 2019 if i can't fix.

thank you for your help !

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

New versions of Photoshop always have bugs, you can revert to CC 2019 via the creative cloud app, I always keep the previous version installed

Sometimes resetting the Photoshop preferences can help

2019-11-07 16_40_10-Preferences.png

2019-11-07 16_37_23-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help !

i have seen the previous version but i though it was a previous version of 2020, i'd like the 2019 everything worked perfectly XD

i'll check and try to install it !

thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i got back the 2019 one now, kinda sad because photoshop cc 2020 got some interesting feature !

oh i have a question thinking about it, in 2020 when using a brush we can switch to eraser just by holding tild, but in my case it doesn't work, i can rotate the brush by moving the arrow which is awesome already but tild doesn't do anything.

do you know what would cause problem?

i am thinking that it's because i have a french keyboard (well i'm french it's kinda normal) and my tild makes "é" if i want to do the real tild i have to hold alt + tild : " ~ ".

i don't know if it could cause this problem.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, sur un Ps en Français, c'est la touche <, à gauche du W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, resetting my preferences on Quit seemed to have helped the issues after the last update.

But all my tools have reset which is a little annoying. Things I don't want like scrubby zoom and auto select layer. 

Still, it's better than it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just reverted back to previous 2019 version (20.0.7), as the new 2020 version kept freezing on me - or at least the lag time was so bad it felt like it was freezing! Couple times I couldn't even force quit! Transform tools, especially free transform, were a problem, but dragging an image over from Lightroom also made it sieze up.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Creative Cloud, and the earliest version it will let me install is 20.0.10 which is still Photoshop 2020.  That doesn't resolve my issue.  Do you know how I can go back to 2019's version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a hefty windows 10 desktop with lots of RAM (30Gb)  and twin Xeon processors that has been more than adequate with all versions of Photoshop until CC 2020.  Now I have struck issues,  for example, when in Camera Raw, and processing just three HDR images, it shoots up to 100% CPU, it takes as long to process just 3 images of HDR than it does with 20 images of HDR/Panorama, which just don't exceed 60% processor.  Also, all 8 cores are engaged with both,  but for some reason, there is this issue with just a simple 3 imdage HDR.   Also the NVIDEA GPU seems to work harder with HDR than HDR/Panorama.  Go figure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, I have a very similar problem with 2020. I use a ton of adjustment layers, and some of them have gone very odd in this version. I've gone back to 2019 to be safe. It also takes forever to open a large file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the midst of this pandemic I finally had some time to work with 2020 and I echo the same problems

posted here in working with large files. It's almost excruciating painfull in terms of waiting for a 500 Mb file

to open. I'll open that same file in 2019 and the difference is like night and day. Also, for what it's worth, I just

updated to the latest version while crossing my fingers and it has not improved. There are other aspects

too that are sluggish but nah, I'm done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, it actually seems to get slightly worse with every update. Of course every new version with new functionality will charge a heftier toll on your workstation, but sometimes the difference is indeed night and day between updates.

For me, working on a 6-core i9 Macbook Pro with 32 GB of ram and a Radeon Pro 4GB graphic card, some simple operations behave as if I'm trying it on my laptop from 2005.

Worst since the last update: transform a layer when there's some effects applied to it. Such a big lag that it becomes unworkable. I'm slowly but steadily drifting away not only from Mac, but also from Adobe. 

Back on point though: what is happening and how can it be fixed? Note: I already have my preferences set to Legacy whereever possible, since without that checked it's even more unworkable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Masking sometimes will not work. I will have a layer selected and want to add mask from bottom of layer panel but cannot do so because it's blackened out (disabled).

Very frustrating as I have to quit the program and reopen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works on mac perfect. Suggest to reinstall if you are using Window machine. Check memory as well.

If this does not work: Please contact Customer Care: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html They can login to your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using artboards? If you edit text everything on screen goes black except the type. That's a useful new feature. Stop upgrading for a few years Adobe, we know it's just commerce and planned obsolecense for you, but it's a tool some people rely on and any headache and time wasted is most unwelcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, make sure to have Photoshop up to date: at the date of this post, it should be 21.1.2, as many bugs are fixed after the initial release.(thinking about the blending mode one)

About the lagging, do you have the GPU enabled in Preferences>performance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems as you after the update! Frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, do you still have the issues in 21.2.1, released yesterday https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues ? if yes, could you record the issues in a video screen capture, list the contents of Help>System info and then Please search or create a thread on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

3/16/21:

When version 22.3 self-installed, several features stopped working, noticeably: Layers!  I uninstalled 22.3 and reinstalled 22.2---everything's fine.  So I will wait a while before trying 22.3 again.  A shame because I could make use of the new High Resolution feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just going back to 2019 (which was slow but this update is ridiculous it takes forever to open then I get the error, after working on a project nothing is saved wish we could go back to the older versions that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines