• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2021 unusable, crashes.

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else finding the new Photoshop crashes when trying to edit type layers?

This has happened on two separate documents and is repeatable. 

Open document, try to edit a type layer (leading, type a new word, basically any normal type operation).

Spinning wheel for a couple of seconds. CRASH.

It's basically unusable for me, running Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.6 on a Mac Pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE. It now seems to crash after a minute or so whatever I am trying to do, so maybe not related to Type layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue - constantly crashing. Adobe needs to provide an update to this issue as it seems others are having the same problem.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest Photoshop 2021 crashes constantly. It is a dog!...Really sick of Adobe releasing below par updates, oh and they are happy to take our money!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem until I remove a copy of the previous version from my computer. It works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 2021 literally crashes within 2-3 minutes everytime I launch it. I have a very powerful MacBook Pro (64 Gigs of RAM) and none of the suggestions on this board work. After using Photoshop for 20 years – this is by far the worst I've seen it for a new release. What is the motivation to release to the public such an unfinished piece of software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just uninstall and revert to a previous version. I did and haven’t had
probs since. I agree about their lack of quality control. They need to
refund us all $1 for every crash as it sucks time and money away from us.
They’d be paying ME for it by now. But anyway — good luck! Back up your
workspaces and actions etc. and then revert! --
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing the previous version works as a charm! the new PSCC21 is a pain in the neck, I also keep a CS6 PS installed on my computer just in case 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version did you end up installing? I'm finding that on top of PS CC crashing, it makes the imac freeze and shut down. Must be two separate issues I believe..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the most unstable Photoshop release I've ever used.  I'm having issues with constant crashes and bugs using the following things:

1. Enabling touch interface on my Cintiq will crash the program entirely (known-issue).
  2. Toggling the visibility of a layer with my Cintiq pen (no touch enabled) will cause the interface to freeze up and seriously lag, requiring a forced restart of the program.
  3. The brush icon outline will randomly not show anymore, only showing a crosshair, requiring not only a closing of the program, clearing temporary files, but also a complete restart of my computer.  (my Photoshop settings are correct)
  4. Random other crashes I cannot pinpoint.

I am getting an average of 2-5 minutes of use in the program until it crashes, regardless of the project I am working on.  I am updated on all drivers, GPU, hardware specs are more than sufficient and all settings are correct and have been troubleshooted.

Last time I reported instability bugs in Photoshop related to the Generate Bump and Normal Map filters, I chased the issue for 3 years with conflicting answers from Adobe.  I only recently noticed there is now a notice that 3D features will no longer be supported, so I am very unhappy with the support being provided by Adobe.

I used to work for a large studio, and Adobe had personal representatives who would come in to gather feedback and troubleshoot issues with artists.  Adobe really needs to provide that level of support to their independent customers as well.  I have lost an entire morning to work now.  I am an independent artist and don't have that kind of luxury.  Obviously, I'm going to downgrade my Photoshop version, but I am disheartened after being a 23-year Photoshop user that I am loosing confidence in the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dominic,

We're sorry for the crash issue. Could you please turn off the GPU from the Photoshop preferences and check if that helps to resolve the crash issue?

Also, please submit the crash logs along with your email address. It will help us to find the root cause of the crash issue. Here's how you submit the crash logs: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mohit, will give the above recommendations a try.

Dom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately turning off GPU doesn't help. Within a couple of minutes, Photoshop CC21 crashes, even if nothing is happening at all and I just leave it open with a file open. Will submit crash logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dominic,

Is there any update on this bug? My Photoshop on Mac won't stay open for more than 10 seconds. I've turned off GPU. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issue. I have removed all erroneous fonts. But the other instructions ... they don't work because I can't find that file! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this same issue for days now. I have tried to do all the things that Adobe tells me to do but NOTHING WORKS. MY CLIENTS ARE MADE WORK IS LATE!!

How do I go back to a version that does work! GRRRR?????!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... Photoshop crashes within the 2mn... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit, 

I've had this problem for MONTHS. I've been on every thread, trying to find an answer. You seem to pop up every 9-10th plea for help, offer THE EXACT SAME ADVICE and then ask them to dm you w their email address so you can see their crash reports. Adobe has received at least 40-50 reports from me. I'm guessing the same from everyone else who is BEGGING you to either fix 2021 or at the very least give us 2019 back. 
There are 100's of posts, with everyone having the exact same issues. We've all tried everything suggested by you and anyone who says they've talked to someone at Adobe. I don't think you've read all the posts, but people are desperate to use software they make a living off of. IT'S NOT OUR MACHINES OR GRAPHICS CARDS- everything was fine until Adobe "FIXED" a program that wasn't really broken.

Here's an idea that might help light a fire-  stop charging us until this gets fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, unchecking it didn't help.  Adobe was most unhelpful.  They claim I need a bigger CPU or I need to run an older version of PS.  What?  I have a 2017 MacBook Pro with 16GB of Ram.  According to Adobe my

Radeon Pro 555 2 GB should work.  But, the support person said no?  Unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did submit this report from number of times past 2 days. Still not able to open photoshop CC. i have work to compleate. !!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit

I have upgraded Photoshop 2020 to 2021 yesterday with the option of deleting the older version. I got the 21 Version but the Photoshop 20 is still in my Mac. I have tried numerous times to open an image and use an action and the Mac crahes - it shuts down (I've sent two reports to Appple) and have copies of the crashes.

On top of it, it has now changed my Finder window, which is not showing my most common folders on the left pane (under Favorites on the left pane it shows iCloud which was never there and under Locations it only shows MacBook Pro and any hard drives connected to it).

To get to my files and Drpbox I have now to go to MacBook Pro > Macintosh HD > Users > My name and then the main folders on the fourth pane and e.g. the Dropbox folders on the fifth pane and folders on the 6th pane with files on the 7th pane. It's absolutely ridiculous. I was supposed to have worked all day yesterday, which was a public holiday and got nothing done and today (Sunday) I will probably not be able to work as well.

Last week I also upgraded to Microsoft 365 until I uploaded Photoshop. Word and Excel either do not open or crash.

I'm also sending a copy of this to Apple.

Please advise urgently

Thank you

[Email removed from public forum by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this same problem with Photoshop CC 2021 crashing and being unusable. I posted previously that rolling back to the Photoshop CC 2020 version allowed me to continue to use Photoshop, but it wasn't until another year or so later that I discovered that by some glitch my Windows 10 operating system was not being updated automatically by my organization (from approx Jan 2019 until about June 2021). Once my operating system was updated to Windows 10 Enterprise Version 20H2, the problems I was experiencing with crashing disappeared for the most part. I did have to do some digging through the files structure to grab my saved workspace preferences (described elsewhere in the help topics).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes- it's unusable on my 2017 MacBook Pro. Crashes. General bugginess. I have to figure out how to reinstall PS 2020. What a gigantic time sink. Never had trouble like this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I´m having the same problem. I can´t even open a photo nor create a new document. Every time I try to open/create a picture Ps CC21 keeps saying it can´t due to a programme disfunction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines