Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 22.4.1 on Windows 10: Error when using save for web

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have seen this topic come up recently in the community but all the responses say it has been solved with a previous patch.

I'm getting an error when trying to use Save for Web to export my gif.

The error reads "Could not complete this operation. An unknown error has occurred."

missmontana_0-1622134269386.png

I am running the latest Photoshop CC 22.4.1

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers operating system? Did you start experiencing this issue after an update to Photoshop or to Windows?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

It's a fresh install of Photoshop CC 22.4.1 & I am using Windows 10 Home

It's only the second time I've opened Photoshop since re-installing it so the settings and preferences are fresh.

This issue has never come up before but I haven't used Save for Web in at least three months before this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up. Are you getting this error while working with a specific file or file format?

Would you mind deselecting the option "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance menu, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

After some testing, I've noticed that Save for Web works for static images with no error for me. It only seems to happen when exporting a particular video group from an imported image sequence. I tried every Save For Web preset, various types of GIFs, JPG and PNG files but continuously get the error. It only seems to happen with this image sequence, which consists of 480 frames. I wonder, is that just too many frames? My computer is brand new and its components are above and beyond the recommended hardware for running Photoshop. I am running a AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor and a NVIDIA Geforce RTX3060 graphics card.

I tried your suggestion and deselected the "Use Graphics Processor" option, relaunched and tried again -- no change, unfortunately.

Thank you for your support

Montana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the heads up. 

Would you mind checking the steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines