Photoshop CC Artifact Randomly Cutting Out Shapes In Clipping Masked Layers

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi....hoping someone can shed some light on a recurring problem.  

Without error or warning, I will get an artifact which is a cut out area on every preset window open on my screen on any layer that is a clipping mask layer (not on the original layer but the clipping masked layer).  It cuts out an image that I have previously worked on.  One time is was an outline of a flower, another time is is the outlined shape of a label I had previously worked on.

I have multiple preset windows open when working so I can grab items from the one to create items in another preset window, and even though I have not selected and deleted an outline of this flower on any layers anywhere, this is the artifact that is cut out and infected other layers on other preset windows.

I thought I had this fixed with version 22.4 by activating the Debug mode on my Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 graphic card, and now yesterday when updating to v22.4.1 it is happening again!  Super frustrating....but more than that, it is bringing my productivity to a halt as I now have to go in and recreate all of these corrupted layers on all of these files.

I have disabled Photoshop using my GPU long ago and this does not change anything.   I have also large space on my scratch disk and have now turned up the Cache to 6 with hopes this will help in the short term, and have reverted back to v22.4 and it seems to be working without this problem.  Need to solve permanently as there many updates and this problem does not show up immediately when working, but can happen mid or later in the day.

Thanks in advance for your help....much appreciated!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One other addition.....I am running Windows Pro 64bit on a 3 month old computer with 64MB of RAM and an Asus X-490E motherboard

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines