• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC -> performance down, memory usage up.

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched to Photoshop CC.

I noticed performance was slow, memory usage was huge. At first I thought it might be because I was processing somewhat larger panoramas than previous ( eg merging 25 images at 21 MP each ).

Then my SSD drive crashed when the sysem ran out of memory, and I can't recover it.

I reinstalled Mac OSX 10.7.5 on the original HD and re-installed PS. Now my network bandwidth has jumped from under 1 GB uploaded per day, to 20GB, 30GB, 44 GB uploaded.

I don't know how much of this can be traced to PS CC, other than it's slow performance and high memory usage, but it' a suspicious coincidence.

Tom Legrady

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 04, 2014 Jan 04, 2014

That would be because the memory usage is about the same as previous versions, and we don't know of any major memory leaks in Photoshop CC (we do a lot of testing to find and eliminate memory leaks in Photoshop).

And because we've seen third party drivers and third party plugins with memory leaks.

If Photoshop consumes that much RAM without opening any documents - then you have about 6 Gigs of presets being loaded at launch (which is presets that you added, because by default Photoshop doesn't loa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 203 Replies 203
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running:

Intel(R) Core(TM) I7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz

12GB Ram

GeForce GTX 750

480GB SSD Toshiba as Main Boot (adobe installed onto SSD)

and a 1TB Toshiba HDD as spare.

I have used all apps mainly After Effects (3d rendering, 4K editting) and am having no problem at all with it.

That should surely use a lot more than Photoshop CC.

I had no issues at all with Adobe CS6 and once I updated, I went to sharpen a small image in Photoshop and it took around the 2 minute mark to sharpen then froze and crashed. That to me is the software not my system.

But, Ever since I opened Photoshop for the first time, my After Effects and everything else on the desktop seems to be going a little slower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update I have had Photoshop CC 2015.5 freeze a number of times.  It does recover but it often takes several minutes.  Usually I'm working of a picture that is 5000 x 3350 px.  Not always the same tool or effect.  My system is similar to Georgie's except 6 core AMD (3.8GHz) and 16GB mem set for 9GB for Photoshop.  There is something wrong with Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.

I have 38gb left on my mac, and as soon as I open a photoshop file which is 19Mb, it starts to say that I am running our of memory.

It has been a pain to work with photoshop CC. Luckily I still have Photoshop 6.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am getting very frustrated as I really liked my CS6 and thought I would try CC2017 but now regret signing up for it.

It is far too slow and frustrates me - it is useless.

Here is a screen shot of the task manager - processing section and my operating system is Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines