Photoshop CC Stamp Tool Error - Could Not Use Clone Stamp Tool Because Area To Clone Has Not Been Defined

New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Experts,

I wanted to remove the shadow from one of my JPG pics and I am not able to do so due to this error:

"Could Not Use Clone Stamp Tool Because Area To Clone Has Not Been Defined".

My PS CC version 2017.1.1 on windows.

Please help.

Cheers,

Raja

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017
With the Clone Stamp tool selected, first Alt click (Option click on Mac) on the pixels you want to use to remove the shadow. Then release the mouse and the Alt/Option key and start stamping on the shadow. The pixels you Alt/Option clicked on will be copied to the shadow area.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Clone Stamp tool selected, first Alt click (Option click on Mac) on the pixels you want to use to remove the shadow. Then release the mouse and the Alt/Option key and start stamping on the shadow. The pixels you Alt/Option clicked on will be copied to the shadow area.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

human face robot

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not work as it should.  This is not an April fools joke.  It's frustrating.  Opt-Click on Mac not working as it used to.  Please help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SAME! and cant fine an awser 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines