• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cc will suddenly not save a file as a pdf

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just this morning I have noticed that I cannot save a file as a pdf. It was a pdf to being with but won't save it as a pdf. I can save it as a jpg. I thought maybe it was something odd with the document (8-bit, not particularly big, and no layers) so I tried some others, but "Photoshop pdf" has disappeared from the choices altogether. I can open Acrobat DC and then drag a jpeg into it and then it will save as a pdf, but that is cumbersome. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

BK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Hi @bkennedy1956 

Use File > Save a Copy, then choose PDF. This is new in 22.4.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bkennedy1956 

Use File > Save a Copy, then choose PDF. This is new in 22.4.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little more explanation :

If your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel) then the file format is moved to the Save a Copy menu. This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep them aligned.
They do a make a lot of sense because, under the new design, any file type that fully supports the content of the document will appear in Save As whereas any file type that means you will lose some content (e.g. layers, bit depth, hidden pixels after using crop without delete cropped pixels....etc will appear in Save a Copy.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the answer, this was driving me nuts. 

Any idea if I have flattened layers and am in 8bit why Save As would not have PDF as an option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly don't know.  I suspect it may have been put straight into that menu due to the wide range of options that follow, which include downsampling.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the workaround. I will hope that they will refine this feature in a future update. The file is just 8-bit, no layers. All I wanted to was open the file, clean up the scan with the eraser, type a reference# at the top, flatten and re-save what started out as a pdf to begin with, and for that, I have to rename the file? It does seem needlessly cumbersome, and it seems that Adobe has been trying to make things less work lately not more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines