• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Ceases to Function

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried both 2020 and 2021 and suddenly Photoshop does not respond to which tool is selected.
When I have the direct selection tool selected, its no longer a black arrow. It appears as if the paint brush is selected and you can even change the "brush size" with the brackets. Even though just the direct selection tool is selected. This is the case whether I am using my mouse or my XP-Pen tablet.

Also, if I try to use the Stamp Tool, I can no longer sample at all: If I option click (using the pen tablet or mouse) It doesn't sample anything and thus doesn't paint anything.

The brush tool doesn't work either, it just erases no matter if I have it on foreground color or background color. Also the paint brush will no longer sample a color.

I have tried trashing the preferences and uninstalling/reinstalling.

After using photoshop for the past 22 years, I have never had so much trouble with it. 

I miss the CS days when everything just worked!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Could you post screenshots to illustrate? 

Do you have another keyboard you could switch just to make sure that is not a factor? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply and inquiry. As far as troubleshooting steps, I have uninstalled and re-installed and even reverted to the previous version. Before that, I tried trashing the preferences.

When I get back to my computer, I will try your other suggestions and post some screenshots.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. Everything worked fine before this v22.4.3 update. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a follow-up, I decided to apply a Mac re-start to the system and then re-launched Photoshop. It appears that the above problem has now dissappeared - at least for me anyway. Perhaps this info is of use and worth trying as a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines