Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop choppy/Jittery video export

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MBP 2019/32 Gigs ram/Big Sur 11.4/ Photoshop CC 2021 22.4.2

Trying to export video I created from Photoshop of scrolling through a website (top to bottom) The website is just a large flattened graphic exporting at 100% 30 seconds in length, to 2030 x1080 H.264, High quality, 30fps. The video keeps coming out very choppy all edges look quite jettery. I've tried a couple of options (different version of Photoshop, higher fps) but haven't found the solution. Sample attached. Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That doesn't sound good. Would you mind telling us which version of Photoshop are you working on?

Also, could you try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and see if it helps? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2021 V22.4.2 and also tried it CC2020 V21.2.9

I tried deleting Photoshop CC 2021 and preferences and tried reinstalling it. Same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your video playback actually looks pretty good on my system. I'm not quite sure what the problem is. Could you explain it in more detail please? Could the problem be your video playback and not the video itself?

I don't want to be that guy, but could you use After Effects or Premiere Pro to do this animation? They come with the Adobe Creative Cloud. This would be a very simple animation to create as you would be just adding keyframes for position. These programs were built for this kind of stuff and you have lots of great video export options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll check it out on another system at work and see if it could be my Mac. Basically looks like any hard edge (graphic or type) is vibrating as it moves. I could rebuild it in After Effects but I've only used it once or twice where Photoshop was quick and easy since I use it all the time. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My previous comment was based on the video preview the forum shows. I've since downloaded and reviewed it and I better see now what you mean. Hard, horizontal edges definitely seem to be flickering.

I'd still recommend dropping this Photoshop file into After Effects and doing a quick animation on the Position value. Adding a little Motion Blur, which is literally a layer switch, might also help produce a smooth animation.

Good luck mate. Let us know how you get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to take a look. I'm glad it's not just me. I think I'll take your advice and move it over into After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries and thank you. Hope it helps. 

By the way, you can happily drop entire Photoshop files into After Effects so no need to be exporting out high quality TIFF files or anything like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any jitter or choppiness on my end, sorry.

Maybe it's a local memory issue.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines