Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop colours

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm very new to photoshop and i've been working on a graphic design poster all day. All was going well until a recurring error kept happening to many of my layers. The colours keep being wrongly displayed. There is nothing I pressed to do this, but for some reason an imported picture of a purple butterfly keeps turning yellow, the text I made blue keeps displaying as red, and so on and so forth. Is this some sort of bug or is there something wrong with my photoshop? Please help me find a way to fix this, as a beginner this is sorta scary as this interface is so overwhelming.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's difficult to judge without seeing the document; have you been using blending modes in your Layers?

Maybe make a copy of your document and experiment with the Layers, turning them on and off, moving the up and down to see what's causing the issue.

Maybe a screen shot of your Layers pallette may help us.

If there is an appication issue try resetting the Photoshop preferences to see if that helps – you can do that under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

(When you create complex document, it's important to use non-destuctive methods and also save separate files, incrementally named (filename1a.psd, filename1b.psd and so on) so you can go back a step if there's a file corruption or something.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like @Derek Cross  has already said, a screen capture of your document and Layers panel could be very useful.

It sounds almost like your colours are inverting. Are you accidentally or deliberately using something like an Invert adjustment layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like a layer blend mode affecting the colors as suggested by Michael and Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines