• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop constantly crashing, lagging, losing work

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop crashes, freezes, and lags constantly. It seems to crash and freeze regardless of what tool I'm using, whereas lag is the worst with the paintbrush tool (though after an hour-2 hours of use the whole program lags). I generally use a Wacom Intuos Pro tablet with photoshop, but the problems seem to happen regardless.

I have a Microsoft Surface computer (only a year old) with windows 10 operating (which is up to date). My photoshop is updated, as are all of my computer drivers. My settings are set for photoshop to use 72% memory, my cache level is set at 5, and I have ~23 gigs free on my scratch disks. 

This has been a problem with photoshop for a long time for me, but has gotten worse in the last few months. Full crashes resulting in lost work are new and I've so far lost at least 8 hours of work. I'm at my wit's end, what can I do? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How much RAM do you have – 16GB is the minimum and I suggest you make some more spare space on your hard disk, some say at least 100GB.

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines