• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop constantly crashing

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, while trying to figure out this issue I'm getting more and more frustrated with the lack of customer case as in missing basic functionality and thought about UX, I lost my original message because I was dumb enough to try and chat with somebody to get a quick reply, and that was never shown for reference, never sent back as an email, never received a sound notification that somebody is online and got cut off, so question number one would be - Where can I post detailed feedback that will actually be seen by somebody for something like that? Those are so tiny issues it's embarrassing, and in my country the amount I pay for the package is equal to a month's worth of rent, so I'm extremely pissed off about the fact that the one time I need to contact somebody I have to spend more than half an hour doing so.

NOW. About Photoshop. For the past 3 weeks maybe it's been freezing on me on the simplest tasks. I'm not working with big files, I work in Illustrator and just transfer previews to create a sample or a mockup in Photoshop. I do also draw, but funny enough it hasn't crashed once while drawing (THANK GOD!) and those files get heavy, with over 50 layers, effects, big sized canvases, etc. I'm talking about simple things like I'd crop an image and it would go to not responding. Or I'll paste something and it will freeze then and there. I had to make a few mockups a couple of weeks ago, had to make this SIX TIMES! And to save each and every photo every minute to be sure I won't lose information in the end. I have to keep making a backup file for everything, which is a good practice but not when it's created by fear of losing information because the software is just not performing.

There is no error message, nothing. I can't even close it with right button, close window, I have to each time go to the task manager and terminate it from there. I've been having a similar problem with Lightroom since the moment I installed it and even though I am paying for the full package I had to be freaking sending in bulk images to my boyfriend so he can edit them at work where they have a cracked version, it's absurd!

Is this a known issue currently? Does anybody know what is causing it? Has anybody found a way to work around this if it is a common issue with the latest updates? Or is the issue just with me, how can I check if I can do something about it? Can this be because I have no desire to updating to Windows 10 and I'm being punished for it? Because I don't have issues like that with the account I have at work, and they updated to Windows 10 around the same time I started having troubles at home with my own account.

I am getting more and more frustrated with this and can't really perform simple tasks in order to deliver work. I've updated to the latest version, I had missed one and thought this might be causing it, but nope. Keeps happening today. This was not an issue last month, now all of a sudden it died.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

I was with support for 4 hours, after they completely ruined the whole suite and its connectivity with the creative cloud app now I know it's happening because my graphics card is no longer supported. They never replied since when and what to do now, plus a lot of other issues occurred that didn't need to, so thankfully I was promised to get a call tomorrow from a senior rep. Hopefully this gets fixed, but from this experience all I've learned is NEVER trust adobe to touch anything. This person

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of (exactly) of Photoshop?

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

(And welcome to this friendly forum!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you for stopping by! I'm so grateful there's at least a forum, I've searched for Illustrator issues here before and I know things get worked out, I was just getting angry, guess I should have waited a few minutes off the screen and edited it

I'm adding the full system info I get in the dialog, I've also reset the preferences, I'll be mocking up things for the store later tonight again so I guess I'll see if that worked then

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.6 20180808.r.398 2018/08/08: 1185588  x64

Number of Launches: 89

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Version: 8.1 6.3.9600.17415

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:10, Stepping:7 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX

Physical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 3109 MHz

Built-in memory: 16301 MB

Free memory: 10439 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 14913 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %

Alias Layers: Disabled.

Modifier Palette: Enabled.

Highbeam: Enabled.

Image tile size: 1024K

Image cache levels: 4

Font Preview: Medium

TextComposer: Latin

OpenCL crashed on 8/26/2018 at 11:04:44 PM (Initializing OpenCL and OpenCL enabled features)

Display: 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

follow these guidelines to check the best compatibility between Photoshop and Windows 8 Windows 8.1 compatibility FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well from what I can see there it should be working with no bugs. I've installed all the latest updates, and only added a plug in that I needed yesterday, don't have any other extensions installed for it.Yet it crashed again today while drawing, so now I've lost half an hour worth of work, it was almost finished and I have to go back to a back up file.

Resetting the preferences didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's barely any information on contacting them via phone as well! What the hell? I get three country options, no explanation on what to do if you're not from one of those, no information on how you'll be charged for that call, what the hell am I paying for?

I really hope somebody can figure this out. Isn't there anything I can do to fix this?! Or am I going to be working double until somebody decides that maybe an update needs to actually fix things instead of break them, so I both don't get paid and don't see my child since I'm constantly re-working and re-doing things -.-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Uninstall Photoshop using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app, then run the Adobe Cleaner app before reinstalling Photoshop.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was with support for 4 hours, after they completely ruined the whole suite and its connectivity with the creative cloud app now I know it's happening because my graphics card is no longer supported. They never replied since when and what to do now, plus a lot of other issues occurred that didn't need to, so thankfully I was promised to get a call tomorrow from a senior rep. Hopefully this gets fixed, but from this experience all I've learned is NEVER trust adobe to touch anything. This person had no idea what they were doing or they didn't care what the outcome would be if they messed something else up as long as they got the current issue resolved. Well, they didn't and could have handled it by checking my hardware first, but I guess that's not part of what they do. They like unnstalling, turning things off, deleting, messing with the registry and then disappearing. Really disappointed overall, caused me a lot of stress and troubles with no reason, and left a mess for me to clean up.

Thank you for your replies. I really appreciate it. I'll be posting another topic in hopes I can get some help here on how to clean up what they destroyed at least for cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm facing the same issue. Did you find a solution?

If yes, please let me know, it's very important

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a three-year-old thread.

Please state your version of Photoshop and OS.

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity you have?

What issues are you having?

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply

I have Photoshop 2019 on windows 10, i have 85.2GB left and 8gb RAM.

I did try resetting preferences, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling aswell.

But even after this, my photoshop crashes after 2-3 simple commands. It was working fine for a year, this problem has recently popped up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might help if you increased the amount of RAM and freed even more disk space.

Also, you might consider uninstalling Photoshop using the Adobe Cleaner Tool and reinstalling the application.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried both. I'm still facing the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines