• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashes and freezes

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever I try, which ever update I try, the latest PS will only start up with a beach ball and that ever since version 22.x

On a MBA 2020 Big Sur 11.4 I7 16GB

What I tried:

- deleted preferences

- uninstalled and reinstalled

- reverted to version 21.X well that worked but updating results in the same crash.

What to do next?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Hi all,

We're sorry for the crash issue. Take a look at the following troubleshooting article and try the first 6 simple steps that can help you resolve most of the crash and freeze issues with Photoshop:  Troubleshoot crash or freeze | Photoshop

If that doesn't help then, take a look at the other troubleshooting tips section.

Let us know your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

I have students who are running into the same problems.

Does anyone know where I can find this script to run on a Windows PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 332 Replies 332
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!  So far it's working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me on a Macbook Pro Mid-2012 Mojave v.10.14.6, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have students who are running into the same problems.

Does anyone know where I can find this script to run on a Windows PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same problems. 

When I first started paying for PS after checking the 7 day trial it all worked well, not for the last few months I've just been paying for a non functioning product.

On startup I just get a black photoshop screen and a spinning ball. Thats it!. Its also slow to load.

I have a macbook pro running Big Sur.

Processor: 

3.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

I've tried asking on other forums, but for a product I pay each month for, I'd expect to find a route to speak to someon at Adobe to resolve this problem. 

Anyone help? I see loads of people have the same problem, so not just me.

Thanks Guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I can use Photoshop in my Macbook pro is downgrading to an
older version as someone else advised in this chat. But I'm
really frustrated as well with Adobe support that I'm paying for a
software that I can't use in my laptop and there is no solution from Adobe
so far.

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the crash issue. Take a look at the following troubleshooting article and try the first 6 simple steps that can help you resolve most of the crash and freeze issues with Photoshop:  Troubleshoot crash or freeze | Photoshop

If that doesn't help then, take a look at the other troubleshooting tips section.

Let us know your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's some feedback, make a working product that people are PAYING FOR and have to rely on for INCOME! Disgusting and no wonder people pirate older versions that WORK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOUR SO-CALLED FIXES AND TROUBLE SHOOTERS ARE DOING NOTHING. I PAY MONTHLY- YOUR LATEST SO-CALLED 2022 UPDATE FOR PHOTOSHOP NO LONGER LETS ME USE IT AT ALL. I have lost 6 hrs of work and it no longer recognizes PSD files and freezes and crashes as soon as I attempt to edit ANY photo or upload more than 3 photos. What have you done? Turned it into a junk product???? I have a Surface Pro and never had any issues with ANY video or photo editing program and now suddenly -- after I updated last night-- I am paying for YOU TO LOSE MY WORK AND NOT ALLOW ME TO USE YOUR PROGRAMS. ARE YOU GOING TO FIX IT AND REFUND ME????? I have rechecked for updates, I have restarted, I have checked my system memory, I have checked for all other bugs and linked programs and NOTHING. Your program no longer works on my surface pro?>?>>???? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am facing the same issues, it even crashed my desktop.  Lightroom has crashed also, I am not brave enough to run any other app that has been updated rcently lol.  So called fixes, it seems, realesed without been tested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically none of the trouble shooting works... if it does, it is usually for a short period of time and it comes back.
These "fixes" are very much like putting your finger over a leaky pipe, for it to then pour out of another two holes.
I don't use Photoshop anymore because I can't work with it. I lost many hours of work because of the crashing. I pretty much lost my job because of it.
The iMac does still crash occassionally when photoshop isn't working, which points to an IOS problem. 

But IOS really hates photoshop, it was not workable to use. I use Affinity for quick small jobs and then I try Photoshop if I really need to... which obviously becomes time consuming as it crashes and sometimes I can't even do the job at all.

It is coming up to a year since I first posted about it crashing and no one has come up with an answer that works for me. So this won't be fixed anytime soon... if at all.

I wouldn't care but I paid a few grand for a new iMac and pay monthly for photoshop.... yet I was better off with my old iMac for 2008 that had the hard copy of photoshop installed.

I think the hardest thing for everyone to grasp is that it feels like we've been hung out to dry. Apple were no help when I called them. Adobe's help was no help. But no one wants to actually find the fault and fix it. It surely must happen to someone high up in the company when they practice new features on Photoshop.... well you'd think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default1c9tz8xdbluu - really sorry you're still seeing issues. I ran into this with one or two versions about a year ago (requiring a downgrade by me), but eventually things seemed to work themselves out - and I just assume that there were some releases that fixed this for me. Perhaps it's a more multi-facetd kind of problem, with some impacted, while most not - hard to tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't help at all. Actual answers to actual questions is what we need. I'm so tired of you people pointing us to FAQs and troubleshooting guides. We are professionals who are paying for a service that Adobe is simply ignoring. You guys fix it or we will find someone else to giv our money too. You ain't the only game in town. Procreate is sounding better and better the more I acroll through these comments/questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I really need some help!

I have a brand new Macbook Pro - well, I bought it mid year.

I have Photoshop 21 and all Apple updates are current.

Everytime I used a brush, the computer revs up and I get the coloured circle - and it freezes. It has now started doing it with the Spot healing brush too! What am i doing wrong, or is this a problem with photoshop and Apple?  I can't get a damn thing finished!

Thanks

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 2021. Please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left and check if you see Photoshop added to the list with a check mark in front of it. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon and navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility. Once done, restart the Mac and check if it helps.

Once you have added Photoshop to the list, you can also try to optimize the preferences of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: Optimize Photoshop performance

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou!! Followed your instructions and everything is working beautifully - Thank-you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear you succeded. Was there any particular step you recognized as the key to fixing the problem? I've done a 100 things and nothing works. Still freezing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's back, I think there was another update and now it freezes again. It's been happening with the brush tools.  I'm really at the end of my patience with this!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been 2 straight days of Photoshop crashing. I've gone through all of the troubleshooting steps and have updated my entire system/programs and have even uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times on both my macbook pro and mac pro. This is becoming incredibly ridiculous because I cannot perform my job duties without this program. What is going on and why are so many of us affected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop crashes for me when creating a new document.  None of these fixes solves the problem.

Adobe:  I suppose I'd be upset if I were paying real money every month for software that crashes 10 seconds upon launching... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's upsetting Adobe is not addressing this issue.

I have commission work I'm falling behind on because it's taking me a few
hours to do simple edits that I'd normally take care of in a quarter of
that time. Adobe... Figure this damn thing out. Your silence is offensive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been two days late in my work delivery because PS freezes and does not let me work I have the Catalina system and PS freezes and I moved to everything that Adobe says it can be and nothing works for me, please give a solution to this big problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seguimos con problemas, lo que yo estoy viendo es que el problema es Camera Raw, ahi hay un problema enorme y cuando queremos editar nuestros trabajos no podemos.

Adobe tiene que entender que somo una comunidad gigantezca que vivimos de esto, de poder procesar nuestros trabajos y entregarlos al cliente, estamos pagando nuestros planes mensuales o anueles al precio que ellos nos piden, nosotros cumplimos con lo establecido y ellos no han hecho nada para solucionarlo.

Por favor Adobe arreglen este enorme porblema el cual nos tiene sin trabar a muchisimas personas.

In English for you....

We continue with problems, what I am seeing is that the problem is Camera Raw, there is a huge problem and when we want to edit our work we cannot. Adobe has to understand that we are a gigantic community that makes a living from this, of being able to process our work and deliver it to the client, we are paying our monthly or annual plans at the price they ask us, we comply with what is established and they have not done anything to fix it. Please Adobe fix this huge porblema which we have been unable to work for many people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After doing all of the above, I received some good advice that seems to work (I am working on Macbook Pro with OS Big Sur): Select Photoshop Preferences, Performance, Graphic Processer Settings and deselect Use Graphic Processor. Then go to Preferences, File handling, Click on Camera Raw Preferences, Performance, and turn Use graphics processor to OFF. Photoshop has not crashed in 5 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting, thanks. Good to have a possible solution.

I see in the GPU Advanced Settings, the Drawing Mode can be taken down to Normal or Basic as an option to increase stability as well? I might give that a try.

Is it not important to have the Graphics Processor box ticked then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant post! I'm running Mac OS Catalina with the latest photoshop 22.4.1 . For the last month I could not figure out why ounce I closed photoshop it would not re open. Even after re installing all of adobe. I would have to restart the machine to open Photoshop. I used your advice to remove the graphics processor off of Camera Raw. Mine works with the normal Graphics Processor on btw. Thanks again! Happy to have this and the pen tool working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines