Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashes everytime i want to edit a Smart Object

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Like the title says; everytime i want to edit a smart object Photoshop completely crashes. I already fully uninstalled Photoshop but it didn't fix the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far (apart from re-installing)? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for your reply!

I already restored the preferences and now Photoshop is already crashing after a few seconds when opening the file.

The file is created in a older version of Photoshop, maybe there is a problem in that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the Cleaner Tool before re-installing Photoshop? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

»The file is created in a older version of Photoshop, maybe there is a problem in that?«

That does not seem very likely, but can you provide the file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File is in the attachments.

In the meanwhile i think i found a link. Here at work my laptop is connected to a dock via USB. This way i get two extra monitors. When i unplugged the dock and i only work on my Laptop everything works like a charm.. So there seems to be a problem with the dock connected while using Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, if the hardware combination causes problems reliably you may want to post a report over on 

Photoshop Family

I have no problem in opening the Smart Object in your file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there any GPU-heavy filter on the SO? (can't test the file here right now)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

As far as i know there's not, i only adjusted some colors on some PNG's. But there seems to be a problem with Photoshop not recognizing the GPU from the laptop when connected to a dock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it is rather that the OS has to run the intel integrated GPU when the dock is used, and either that GPU/driver combo does not meet the Ps minimum requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines