Photoshop CS2 keyboard shortcuts don't work after upgrade to Windows 10 64bit

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had Photoshop CS2 running on my Windows 10 32bit OS for several years now without an issue.  However, recently I upgraded my laptop to the 64bit Windows 10 (onto a new SSD, didn't upgrade the old SSD). 

Now Photoshop runs ok as long as I don't press any of the shortcut keys - Shift, Alt or Ctrl.  Even pressing Shift by itself with pop up the dialog box "A required application library failed to load and the product cannot continue.  Please reinstall the application."  Clicking on the "OK" button in the dialog box will close Photoshop.

I've combed through all the online articles I can find and tried a number of things including resetting the preferences, reinstalling the app, running in Safe Mode and a couple of other things, but no luck in fixing this issue.

I know that CS2 is really old, but don't want or need to spend the $$ required for an ongoing CC license.  Is there any way to figure out which application library it is that has failed to load?  And, of course, how to fix that?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure of you are going to get an answer for this.  As a complete leap in the dark, I wonder if you can install Windows 10 32bit as a boot option, and see if CS2 would work on that?  Thinking back to the tiny amount RAM we were able to allocate to Photoshop back then (less than 3Gb) I'd have thought that would be completely unworkable.  I can remember being unable to print because there was no memory left for the printer to do its spooling thing, and plugins would crash through lack of memory.  

There is barely iny comparison between CS2 and current versions.  Tools like selections are like a magic trick.  There are dozens of new features that are nothing short of incredible.  Are you sure you can't afford $10 a month for a version of Photoshop fit for your new computer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you did not upgrade your old SSD Windows 10 32bit systen to Windows 10 64Bit that you installed Windows 10 64bit onto a new SSD I believe that would be a new Windows 10 installed none of the application you had install on you Windows 10 32bit system would be installed in your Windows 10 64bit  system.  I believe when you installed CS2 in your Windows 10 64bit system the installer may not have found your CS2 activation credentials on your old SSD that CS2 may need to be activated which can no longer be done.  When You install CS2 in your Windows 10 64bit system was there any process for Activation.  Whet you use CS2 menu Help which menu item do you see (Activate or Deactivate).   Is your Windows 10 64bit system's 32bit CS2 activated?

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines