• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS4 compatible with Windows 10?

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PS (Photoshop) CS4 (which I think is 32 bit) on my Windows 7 32 bit computer. I plan on moving up to Windows 10. Will PS CS4 wotk on Windows 10? If not, will I be able to use my actions with a new version of PS? Also, is there a version of PS that I can purchase that's not a subscription?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should probably work, but expect some issues and problems. Nobody can give you any guarantees. The world has moved on quite a bit since 2009.

As for actions, same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no other versions of Photoshop you can buy without a subscription, unless you want to go the route of Photoshop Elements.

Do not buy any Photoshop except PSE - there are many scams out there and there is no guarantee of the validity of the license.

That being said - PS CS4 will defintely show some issues when you run on Win 10. You will need to reinstall the app after upgrading as resource file locations move with the upgrade. You will need your install disk or access to the installer from your account on Adobe.com

If you don't have either of these, you may be out of luck altogether. Adobe officially stopped supporting CS5 and back even with Activation issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you move up to a new version of PS, your actions may require some editing.

Menu options and functions have changed since CS4 and will break in newer versions depending on the complexity of your actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines