• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop doesn't detect GPU. Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 with Max-Q design 4GB.

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm writing this after so many tries and things I saw on Internet: youtube, articles, forums and even here in order to fix this problem and nothing has worked so far (1 week without Ps).

After updating Ps to 22.3.1 it suddenly can't detect my GPU. I'm using Ps for years and it has never happend before. On Edit > Preferences > Performance it says "Unknown GPU (UNKNOWN)" while the "Use Graphics Processor" box is grayed out (isn't available to check it). In the description below it says that there is a problem with the GPU driver. All drivers and updates of GPU and Win10 are up to date and installed.

Things I've already tried many times and didn't fix the problem:

- Reinstalling Ps 22.3.1 3 times, and Adobe creative cloud once.

- Other versions of Ps (22.0 and above) - which have worked fine before.

- Reinstalling the GPU drivers and Win updates.

- Reboot PC.

It is importent to mention that my GPU is recognized by any other app/program/game without any issues, also in the Nvidia control panel I made sure Ps is working on Nvidia's GPU.

In Ps version 21.2.7 I don't have this problem (GPU is well detected) and everything is fine. However, I pay for the latest version therefore this is not satisfying me.

PLEASE help me out here. I'm desperate.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you desperate? You have Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.7 to use. New release of Photoshop like PS 2021 version 22  are always released with many bugs.  Users report the bugs and it take Adobe months and months the get the latest version of Photoshop ready for massive users use.   With version 22 Adobe also upped Machine requirements for Photoshop use.   Many users will find that their current CPU or GPU or OS version do not meet Photoshop Version 22 requirements.  Adobe has changed  Photoshop version 22 GPU support and is having issues in their new GPU support code.  In each Photoshop version 22 update  Photoshop GPU support has changed,  Thought my Nvidia Quadro K2200 has been detected by all Photoshop 22 updates  GPU support has been different. In Fact I can not state that my  Nividia Quadro K2200 GPU will ever work well with  Photoshop.  Adobe GPU guide line state consider using a newer GPU that bench mark 2000 or better.  Older GPU may not be supported or may be of limited use. My Quadro k2200 benchmark is well below 2000.  Intelligent Photoshop users that require Photoshop for their work use Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.7. I'm not going to replace my machines just to be able to use the latest version of Photoshop on them.  That not in my budget.  Why are you desperate? Sky Replacement, refine hair, neural filters what new feature are you desperate for? How is your life ruined without these?

image.png

image.png

So my Quadro is 6 years old and does not benchmark 2000.  Works in Photoshop 2020 and prior version of Photoshop I have installed.  I'm not refining my hair its falling out. I'm not desperate, I'm 80, I'm slowing down some.

When Adobe get 2021 fixed your  2020 GTX should work it benchmark seems to be 3230..

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment.

Updating that I've just checked again the 21.2.7 version and it is detect the GPU but the OpenCl check box is grayed out, what makes many features unavailable such as the Oil paint and others.

In addition, my GPU is one of the newest GPUs of Nvidia, also considered as a very good GPU, especially for photoshop use.

The main problem is still as I described above.

Still looking for help here. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. It works fine on Lightroom, but keeps losing track of the GPU on PS. Will try to use an older version, now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating that I've just checked again the 21.2.7 version and it is detect the GPU but the OpenCl check box is grayed out, what makes many features unavailable such as the Oil paint and others. 

The main problem is still as I described above.

Still looking for help here. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is working on fixing their version 22 of Photoshop. Use a prior version of Photoshop till Adobe has updated Photoshop version 22 and it is running well.  There are many issues in Photoshop version 22....

You are banning your head into a brick wall  all you will get is a headache. Adobe will get 22 into shape some day... you need to wait for that day.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it worked fine just a week ago on 22 version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has changed Photoshop version 22 GPU support in every Photoshop version to date 22.0, 22.1, 22.2, 22.3, 22.3.1. Adobe is having problems developing Photoshop version 22 GPU support. Adobe has not nailed down Photoshop version 22 GPU support when they fix one thing they brake an another thing. Use the Update that works for you.  You will still have the other issues in Photoshop version 22.   Many are using Photoshop version 21 till Adobe gets version 22 working well. Adobe code development processes needs to be improved  and they develop high quality code.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm saying that after another check of the version 21.2.7 which is the oldest in the ACC, I noticed it has also problems with the OpenCl features such as Oil paint and others. Therefore now I don't have even one version that works fine. I wish I had at least one version that works for 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then use the Creative cloud desktop application. Click on the three dots to the right of open 22.3.1 for more options. Click on other versions in the more options pop up mrnu then click install to the right of Photoshop(22.3) to remover 22.3.1 and reinstall 22.3.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally wrote that I've already tried every single version from 21.2.7 to 22.3.1 and nothing works. Thank you anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia has two device drivers on their web site for their display adapters. The Studio version device driver best suited for applications like Adobe's  and the Game ready device drivers better suited for faster rendering of game graphics for a higher frame rate. Have you tried the latest version of both device drivers with Photoshop 22.3.1?.

image.png

image.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest NVidia Studio driver for a Geforce 1060 and that did not solve the problem.  This is clearly an Adobe software issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly, PS 23.3.1 did detect my video card!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do something special? Happy for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the update for PS that was available this AM., April 26. When
I launched PS after the download nothing changed. I closed the program and
relaunched. Again, nothing. On fourth relaunch it recognized the card.

It would be helpful if Adobe told us specifically what was fixed in this
update but there is no hot link to learn this information and the Creative
Cloud site does not offer anything in the 23.3.1 update other than what was
posted more than ten days ago.

Tom Goodman
1901 Walnut Street 15D
Philadelphia, PA 19103
215-545-1738
215-880-4145 (cell)
tomgoodman1@gmail.com
www.tomgoodman.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does look like Adobe has Updated the 3.1 update today but did not change the updated version its still 22.3.1

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant find a new update from today. Where is this update download? It says my Ps is up to date at the moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops. Meant to write 22.3.1

Tom Goodman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you said you saw a new update from today the 26 April. Nothing in my ACC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES. tried both drivers many times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Creative cloud desktop application in recent updated what date does 22.3.1 have  Mine has today's date it had an older date before today like  PS 21.2.7 and Bridge 11.02

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says "You're up to date!" and there are not any new updates. Still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But of course Adobe can never wait for monthly payments either; yet Adobe expects us to patiently wait till  they fix version 22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost the same problem in my notebook, with Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060.

The thing is, the first time I enter PS works fine, but if I exit and enter stops detecting, when I reset de preferences in the general dialog box, photoshops detects my GPU again, but when I exit again, and enter, it doesn't detect anymore.

So i thing is a bug whit the preferences, I couldn't find the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines