Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop doesn't resize pixel perfect Free Transform tool

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have this issue for a while now and it is really annoyin when I need to resize elements in photoshop to the same size.
If it is not a shape I have to use Free transform tool.
I have a certain element size:

original size.png

 

I insert a desired px size

desired size.png

And the result will never be the exact number I entered:

transform result.png

why is this? â€ƒAnd that 9.95 px is enough to ruin my work, so I have to manually resize elements, which is a lot more time consuming.
This issue I experience on both Mac and Windows.

Please tell me this is bug that can be fixed
Thanks

 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the 9.95 Pixels is either 9 or 10  pixels for there is no partial pixel.  Photoshop edits pixels.  Photoshop use math to calculate sizes and  Math results are not always whole numbers.  So often Guide line may not align with the Canvas pixels grid for unit length is relative to resolution.   You resiz would most like be 10PX for rounding would be up.   If  the pixels location is over the document canvas it should be visible.   I do not Know why when you enter a value  in Pixels  like 1500Px photoshop changes it to 1499.95px which in my  book is 1500px.  I would think it has to do with some calculation that Photoshop performed with your 1500px value related to  the document canvas size and the document resolution setting. Transforming size changes is done via Percentage   and you have it constrained to the other side they are linked in you screen capture.  Try an un-constrain resize.   1499.95 may be the sams as a 111.77% like the other side resize.  You have constrain aspect ratio set.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this explanation, I will try what you suggested, but I really wanted to avoid having to know how much exactly the other side has to be in order for me to resize it perfectly but unlinked.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do not have to know the other side length. You just need to do a constrained resize.  You set one side Photoshop will set the other side.  The number shown may not be a whole number you normally edit image with some print resolution where a side length is relative to the print ppi.   when it come to actual pixels you can not have a fraction if a pixels the  number of pixels will be rounded to the nearest pixel

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines