• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Ending Support For Type 1 Fonts in 2021...but when?

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read that the support for Type 1 fonts will end in 2023 for most Adobe apps. However, Photoshop will end it's support of these fonts in 2021, but no month/date was given on that announcement page. When will this support end? Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, don't worry you will be notified via email a month before when such a thing happens...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. However, we are trying to get ahead of this at our company, which requires a case write-up. Can you tell me if this support will end in second quarter, third or fourth? I'm sure Adobe has some idea of when this will occur? We need time to get approval at work for any purchases of fonts (Adobe and third-party) but we need specifics in order to present our case and plan for purchases, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop will this affect? I can see how this can affect Photoshop 2021 which requires online connection, but how could this affect something like Photoshop CS6 which does not need to be online. There are many PageMaker and InDesign files from decades ago that shouldn't matter. Can someone clarify this issue? Also what about Type 3 fonts and Type 1 fonts from companies other than Adobe? Bitsream, Linotype and many many more? Is all Type 1 fonts affected? I don't see how some old Mac running Snow Leopard and Adobe CS6 and not even online can possible be affected by anything Adobe or any other companies policies change. Sure Adobe Flash Player browser support was pulled but that should not affect an offline computer or ancient software that doesn't care about the Internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines