• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop file tells me scratch disks are full when they are not, will not open or download

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved my work onto the cloud, but ever since I closed the page i haven't been able to open it since. Everytime i try to open, it tells me it can't as the scratch disks are full. I actually have more than enough space (172 gb), but i've checked, and as the document loads, it slowly takes up space in the "others" section (macOS BigSur ver 11.4) until there isn't enough space anymore. I can't open or download it off creative cloud desktop either, it simply won't show up or just tells me download error and fails. Any ideas on how to get my work back? Should've saved it on my computer instead. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most common reason we see for this is that a user has accidentally used inches (or centimeters) when they meant to use pixels. Can you check the properties in Finder or Bridge to see if this is the issue?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! i'm not sure how to check the properties as the file won't appear on my CC desktop app. when i access it through bridge it shows up, but it opens blank and my work isnt actually there. I didn't save it on my laptop either, so its purely on the cloud now. Any other way i can check? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @deonl35326758 

Give this a try and tell me if it works:

Copy the file first to preserve the original.

• CC App > Your work > Your work links >  Files

janee_0-1624287022286.png

• Your work > Files > Cloud documents > Select your image > click ellipses menu > Download
    janee_2-1624287311491.png

• This puts in in Downloads and converts it to psd
    janee_3-1624287446730.png

• You can see the Properties in Bridge
    janee_4-1624287671678.png

• If you still can't open it in PS, try opening it in Preview, then resize with Tools > Adjust Size
    janee_5-1624287939402.png

janee_6-1624288273253.png

Let me know if this works!

(And possibly another volunteer will jump in with another idea.)

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines