• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop flashing when zooming into a picture (22.4.1 On MacBook Air M1)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this is the last problem with Photoshop with Big Sur and M1. I can see any images, and when I Enlarge this is the effect.... (see the video, please...). I tried in Rosetta and Native mode. Any solution? 😉

Thank you

Luca

https://youtu.be/zAw-Re3U4ps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Hi, I hope that you are not photosensitive... 

Is it 24.0.1?

1) Do you have only one screen, anything peculiar on your machine?

please post the contents of Photoshop's Help>System Info... menu, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.

2) Please try to check "Deactivate Native Canvas" in the menu Edit/Preferences/Technology preview (Pc) or Photoshop/Preferences/Technology preview (Mac), then restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance). Any better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for the Answer; without GPU is running Ok, BUT... in this way is like using a Macbook 2010 😉 I hope for a solution soon 😉

Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. 
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "manufacturer" is Apple Computer ... and Photoshop worked well until two days ago. There are many Bugs in the native version for M1 and I think they are problems that Adobe has to solve, which for months has not allowed to work with the new Apple machines, when all the other software are perfect and performing. It really is agony. Thank you again for your time 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I have exactly the same now, just from one day to another. Thanks in advance 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it fixed? Did you manage to get a GPU driver update?

neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hope that you are not photosensitive... 

Is it 24.0.1?

1) Do you have only one screen, anything peculiar on your machine?

please post the contents of Photoshop's Help>System Info... menu, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.

2) Please try to check "Deactivate Native Canvas" in the menu Edit/Preferences/Technology preview (Pc) or Photoshop/Preferences/Technology preview (Mac), then restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue in the solution presented directly above about "Deactivate Native Canvas" and restarting did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback! @LucaPianigianiJumper and @isabelle_V did deactivate Native Canvas fix the issue for you as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default71dtdycrm845 what is your computer? an M1 like the OP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes M1 on MacBook Pro. Only happens in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines