Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Formgitter

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo.

Seit etwa 6 Jahren arbeite ich beruflich mit dem Formgitter bei Photoshop um Produkt-Freisteller zu verformen. Und über all die Zeit besteht immer das Problem, dass das Formgitter (bei Grundeinstellung Dichte "normal" Ausdehnung "2px") die Ecken des Objekts abschneidet. Es tritt bei allen Bildern und an allen Computern und auch mit anderen Lizenzen auf, auch bei meinen Kollegen, egal welches Betriebssystem oder welche Photoshop Version. Ich nutze momentan einen Mac mit High Sierra und Photoshop 21.2.9

Grundlegend meine Frage: Kann dieses Problem seitens der Entwickler beseitigt werden? 

Ich hatte mal eine Lösung im Internet gefunden: Und zwar stelle ich Dichte auf "mehr Punkte" und Ausbreitung auf "10px" ein. Aber das muss ich jedes Mal erneut machen wenn ich das Tool nutze.

Meine nächste Frage: Kann ich die Einstellungen des Formgitters dauerhaft speichern? Und wenn ja wie?

Vielen Dank!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Kann dieses Problem seitens der Entwickler beseitigt werden?«

This is primarily a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

Can you provide a file that exhibits the problem for you? 

»Kann ich die Einstellungen des Formgitters dauerhaft speichern? Und wenn ja wie?«

Actions and Scripts seem to provide no immediate solution, so a crude work-around might be using a plugin that records mouse and type input. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example of the issue:

sample.jpg

And here is how I solve it:

sample2.jpg

It would be nice if I could keep the settings permanently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded some pictures to show the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not talking about screenshots, I want to check how sharp the masking is; so again: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I don't know waht you mean. What a file? A text file? What do you mean with "how sharp the masking is"?

Ich steh auf dem Schlauch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean the original PSD? No the files a property of the company I'm working for. I don't think I can send it.

But you don't need a special file. You can see this issue on every picture you take because this is a general photoshop issue since years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Naturally I meant the psd (or psb or tif). 

»What do you mean with "how sharp the masking is"?«

When you clipped the object you hopefully did so with a Layer Mask and I want to see that Layer Mask or the Layer’s Transparency (converted to a Layer Mask), not screenshots. 

Anyway … you can post Photoshop Feature Requests over on 

Photoshop Family

One possible work-around that adresses half the issue (not the number of points but only the closeness to the edge) would be applying the Layer Style Stroke (Outside) before converting the Layer to a Smart Object, applying the Puppet Warp and then removing the Stroke in the Smart Object; much of which could be recorded in an Action. 

Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 15.49.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich schreib jetzt nochmal auf deutsch weil ich da schneller bin.

Erst einmal vielen Dank für die ausführliche Hilfe. 

Meine Herangehensweise ist so: Ich habe die PSD (in meinem Fall ein Produkt/Kleidungsstück), vor hellem Hintergrund fotografiert. Ich schneide das Produkt mit einer Maske aus. Danach wende ich die Maske auf die Ebene an, so dass ich nur noch das freigestellte Objekt habe. Dieses verforme ich dann mit dem Formgitter, ohne Maske usw. Dabei werden eben die Ecken abgeschnitten wenn ich die Grundeinstellungen des Formgitters so lasse wie sie sind. Das ist wohl eine Macke von Photoshop und da es seitens der Entwickler anscheinen (noch) nicht zu lösen ist, muss ich die Einstellungen so ändern (siehe Screenshot) dass es funktioniert. Der Support konnte mir auch nicht weiter helfen. Interessant wäre nur noch ob ich die Änderungen, die ich vornehme, dass es funktioniert, dauerhaft speichern kann. Das würde den work flow erleichtern, weil ich es nicht bei jedem Verformen neu einstellen müsste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can post a Feature Request and in the meantime (or permanantly depending on whether the request ever gets implemented) try to automate a work-around to alleviate the issue. 

You don’t mention converting the Layer to a Smart Object before applying Puppet Warp. 

Are you applying it destructively? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I don't convert into smart object. I have one layer with the masked and retouched object and then I make a copy of the layer, apply the mask and warp the object. Putting on background. crop and save for web.

I'm editing many files for online shop and with smart objects it would take too much space on the server. Sometimes I use smart objects for campaign pictures

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-21 um 16.41.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could save space by converting the masked Layer to a Smart Object instead of doubling it to apply the Layer Mask. 

Also by not including the whole of the original image in the masked Layer. 

I guess I am kind of a snob about non-destructive image editing techniques – I consider applying Puppet Warp destructively as flabbergasting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines