• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Freezes during moving, painting and saving randomly

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I'm experiencing a troublesome freezing while working on bigger files (usually around 8k x 6k, 50-200mb psd). I'm a concept artist in a game studio and I'm working 8h a day using photoshop for past 5-6 years. Been a PS fan for a long time, but since 2020 update I've had freezing issues and several other performance problems. Since then, it seems every update is making the feeezes worse and I'm starting to think about canceling my adobe subscription because this problem really damages my workflow. It is a big issue for me, freeze every 20-30min where I have to close a document and reopen it to continue work, which is occuring on several devices, and among some of my friends too.

Exact issue description:

Randomly, during my paiting process, usually while navigating on the document with a move tool or paiting with a brush tool or immidately after saving with a ctrl+s shortcut, all my input regarding the document is gone. I can't scroll the view scrollbar, zoom in or zoomout, use any tools - nothing related to the document itself. I still have access to application menus and I am able to close the document or save it (so fortunatelly I don't lose progress...). So I usually save again to be sure, close the document and reopen from last opened, and it seems to work again for like 20 minutes before happening again. If I close the app and restart it seems to happen less commonly but surely several times a day at least.

While researching the issue I have went with a lot of dead-ends. I'm not sure what is causing it, I have experienced it on my work PC, my home pc, my new work laptop which I currently use the most. 

One lead I have is my friends experience it more rarely and I think there is a chance my workflow is helping these freezes then - I use the move tool a loot, I have 'overscroll' checkbox and I navigate agressively while paiting which I think might have something to do with the quantity of the freezes. 

Please let me know if you are aware of the issue, or if you know what exactly causes the problem. Or if not, please look into fixing the issue.

Laptop short spec (ask me for a full dxdiag if needed):
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19043) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: ASUS TUF Gaming A17 FA706QR_FA706QR
BIOS: FA706QR.405 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics (16 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 15774MB RAM
Page File: 27212MB used, 4442MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DirectX Database Version: 1.2.3

GPU: GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop
Wacom Cintiq 16

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having these problems.

Please have a look at the links below:

Photoshop freezing:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-slow-lags.html

Photoshop persisting problems:

If the issue persists, you can try resetting the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know if the above helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Similar issues here. I grab a layer to drag it, it doesn't preview it. When I click save and quite Photoshop it says it shut off with an error. Latest new versions are getting worse and worse to the point this programme is becoming unusable and it's wasting our professional time. I'll be moving to Clip Studio in the future and only using Photoshop for bare necessities. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines