• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezes when using the Rectandgular Marquee Tool

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried solving the problem myself without succes so maybe someone here can help me.

I am using Photoshop 22.42.2 (the latest version) on a Windows 10 machine (with the latest updates). Everytime i use the Rectandgular Marquee Tool when deleting something it freezes. It happens when I use a new file and with existing files. I reinstalled the drivers of my graphic cards and also reinstalled Photoshop several times. I also tried the solutions on this website but the Graphics Processor Settings is grey and it says Photoshop has encountered a problem with display driver.

I have two graphic cards in my computer. One is an onboard graphics card (Intel HD Graphics 530) and the other one is the AMD Radeon RX 460 Graphics. When I disable my Radeon card the Graphics Processor Settings is not grey anymore. But when i do it the other way around (disable the Intel card) it stays grey I never hard this problem until now. It is strange that my Radeon card which is better has this problem but the Intel card doenst have this problem. I also have a laptop with two graphics cards (Intel and NVIDIA) and on my laptop this problem doesnt occur. So having two graphic cards isn't the problem.

Can someone tell me if I missed anything or is there a solution for this problem? Or is my Radeon card that old that Adobe won't support it. Kind of strange because it is newer than my onboard Intel Card.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»When I disable my Radeon card the Graphics Processor Settings is not grey anymore.«

Did you try using the Rectangular Marquee Tool in that state? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did and I have no problems. Weird that I never had this problem until recent. Is there a solution for this besides disabling my graphic card? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure unfortunately; have you seen this page? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I have. I tried everything and checked everything before i made this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines