• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Is Exporting Hidden Layers in the Render

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens in both the "Quick Export as PNG" as well as the "Export As..." options. Every now and then, a layer which is definitely hidden is still showing up in the exported image. This is happening right now; the image in my document looks like this:

Capture.PNG

Which is what I want. However, when I make absolutely no changes and export this file, I end up with:

1.png

This red tint comes from a translucent fill layer, which is DEFINITELY hidden. This version of the image is also what appears in the preview window when I select "Export As..." from File, which makes absolutely no sense. Is this a known issue, and if so, is there a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chasep,

Thanks for providing the detailed workflow and sorry that you're facing this issue.

Could you please let us know the exact version of Photoshop you are using and do you see the same behavior with all exports from Photoshop using "Export as" or "Export as Png"?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error, in my case it seems that it happens with layers that are clip masks of hidden layers. The clip mask has the "eye symbol" as if it is visible but the layer that it is applied on is hidden, and when I do "Export as" the clip mask is exported. But when I hide the clip mask, the export is fine. My file is a psd that I made with Photoshop CS6 that I opened with Photoshop CC 19.1.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced the exact same bug in 19.1.6 and 20.0 where if I had clipping mask layers that weren't hidden -- they still showed the eye symbol but slightly grayed out -- but the layer they were clipped to was hidden, then it'd export from the PSD to PNG with those clipped layers showing up as unbound and visible, even though in Photoshop itself they are properly hidden.

Why does it consider these layers are visible when they aren't in Photoshop? Please fix? It's kind of a pain when you have multiple layers and clipping masks for testing out various scenarios and the only work around is to toggle them all off before exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well at least this explains why it's happening. I'm using 22.1.0 and the issue suddenly cropped up (previously there was no such issue), exporting as PNG doesn't solve it.

It's not a complex image, 7 layers and only 1 clipping mask on a fill layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same thing happens in ver 19.1.7. Please fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is STILL an issue with 19.1.9, nearly 2 years after originally reported.

Hidden, clip mask layers show up when files are exported as PNG or JPG in these conditions

• Export > Export As > JPG 
  • Quick Export as PNG (which I don't need, but you asked about it almost 2 years ago)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone please help with this. It's 2021 and I am having the same issue. Still see no solutions anywhere on the net. Only solution is removing all hidden layers, which means creating different variations and options can only be done with multiple PSDs. It is very inconvenient!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue (on Photoshop 2021) and looked around the web for a solution, couldn't find one in the time I had. A workaround I just did in the end was converting all the layers into one smart object. I was troubleshooting what could be causing this issue, because that layer isn't visible, but when "Export As" jpg/png, there are those rogue layers, so strange!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this trick kept me from pulling my hair out. I'm working on a many-layered file with a bunch of hidden layers and getting super frustrated that the hidden layers exported with the PNGs I need. This shouldn't be so inconvenient. It's very irritating that this major bug hasn't been fixed yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still an issue 4 years later. The master layer is hidden, with clipping mask layers attached to it which havent been hidden, has the clipping layers exported as visable. Photoshop version 20.0.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines