Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop jams the internet

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I wondered if anyone can help.

I've been struggling immensely with slow internet speeds everywhere I go with my MacBook. Moreover, when I turn my Macbook on, it completely jams the internet for all other devices as well (connected via wifi and ethernet).

I've been in discussions with Apple at length about the issue for about 4 months and they eventually replaced my laptop.

But, when I had to use another computer at work for Photoshop while I was without my MacBook, the same thing happened! This time, I was using Windows.

I don't even need to have Photoshop running. I now literally just turn the computer on, and the whole internet connection grinds to a halt for everyone. I turn the computer off, perfect internet speeds.

I've searched forums for this, and I can't find anyone else who has experienced something similar.

I need photoshop for my job. I haven't been able to properly work now for 4 months. Any help would be so appreciated.

I can share videos if that helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked for malware? You can get a free trial of Malwarebytes or Bitdefender if you haven't used them before. While it used to be that Macs never got malware or viruses, that is no longer true.

See this help page from Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/why-is-my-internet-connection-so-slow-c68cf021-c5cf-db6f...

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Thank you for your thoughts.

I seem to have fixed the problem (touch wood) by pausing File and Font Sync on Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines