• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop keeps crashing since it updated to version 22.4.1 in Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud updated Photoshop to version 22.4.1 this morning and now it crashes everytime I open a file, wether it's a .jpg or .psd, it just crashes, I can't use it. Help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.4.1. You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

If the issue persists, please launch Photoshop directly, then go to Preferences, then performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps. If it helps, you can check out: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still crashing for me. When I try to open up any Jpeg or PNG file. Is this a problem going to be fixed soon? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wade5CF5 , be sure you are using 22.4.1, and not 22.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,

Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.4.1 20210518.r.211 7b18b4f x64

Seems like it crashes when I open a file with Photoshop, but it works when I right click the file to open with Photoshop. It also crashes when I have two files open in photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. I tried to bring it back on an older version but it stays the same. So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you're on Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am. I have also done all the updates on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, updates done as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Carolina5E7F , @Wade5CF5 , when it crashes, please submit the crash report with your names so I can connect them with you on the back end. You can put them in the comments section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mark.Dahm 

Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried different versions now, on 22.4.1 it doesnt let me even sent a report, just crashes down. I'll try to get back on an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mark.Dahm I went back on 22.3.1 and it works perfectly fine. I'll go with that and hope for the next update. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks for that; we'll keep digging to see what the root cause is for 22.4.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how did you go back? I can't seem to be able to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See @rite_oak instructions a little lower in the thread for how to install previous versions of Photoshop.

Note that we've heard some (not all) customers installing the latest Catalina security update from Apple which was released on May 24 (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201222) also seemed to stop the problems. Might want to try that as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Factory Reset on the computer did for me. It's now working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Miguel Aldasoro , can you try rebuilding your preferences file.

There was an issue with 22.4 and rulers that was fixed in 22.4.1; are you sure you are launching 22.4.1? Sometimes you can install multiple versions and it's easy to mistakenly launch another version.

Also make sure you restart your computer after installing 22.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 22.4 was working OK, I didn't have any problems with it, PS started crashing after I installed 22.4.1. After a few crashes I thought about restarting the PC, so I did, and for a moment it appeared to work because it took a couple more seconds to crash than before restarting. So, in the end I decided to uninstall 22.4.1 and reinstall 22.4 and it worked. Problem solved! I'm sorry to see that other people also tried this and it didn't work for them. Thanks, @Mark.Dahm !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated today, since the update I keep having a problem when I try to duplicate an image in my project after I click place it loads for a few seconds then photoshop just closes straight after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend installing the previous version. The newest version keeps crashing and they have ruined the workflow on saving files.

2021-05-20 18_00_58-Adobe Photoshop 2021.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and it works perfectly fine. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crashing on iMac too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a separate issue on Catalina 10.15.7, which we are working on getting Apple to fix, that is causing crashes. If you installed that security patch for 10.15.7, then Apple fixed the problem in OS 11.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was designing the layout of the website  [website link removed]  but after half of the work done, it starts crashing. What could be the possible solution to get back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines